PDA

View Full Version : Dangerous twine loop risk! *Bird Kabob*

PlaxMacaws
04-12-2017, 06:13 PM
There has already been a warning posted to this section about a toy boasting the name "Bird Kabob" and the twine-related hazard it presents. For reference, here's the original post from over two years ago: [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Please be advised that there are various toys marketed under the name "Bird Kabob" ... each of which may pose certain twine-related risks. I've attached a video of one such toy that happens to be in my possession. I've followed that video with another clip showing a simple solution that renders the toy much safer. The Bird Kabab in the below videos was manufactured in Mexico.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Be vigilant!

Casper's 2nd best friend
04-12-2017, 07:34 PM
We bought Casper a Kabob a while back but he totally ignored it so eventually we removed it from his cage and put it in the bucket of other well meant purchases that he disdained.

Lady
04-15-2017, 12:08 AM
Sometimes I purchase a toy not for the way it's put together. I'll take it apart for a piece of wood or another part to make or enhance a toy I already know Lady likes.

It's great we have this type of thread going to keep us all informed!