05-17-2013, 08:01 PM
Average 400-650 gms.

jill
05-17-2013, 08:03 PM
Thank you I done it today and he was 399 gm

Honesty
05-17-2013, 08:17 PM
Thank you I done it today and he was 399 gm

Sounds like he weighs just about right Jill:)

roxynoodle
05-17-2013, 08:34 PM
Well, my CAG might be the biggest one on another forum at up to 498g, lol! Actually she tops 500 after breakfast. The others came in at around 367 to 440 or so. But those were mostly mature females. A couple were young ones, and at least 2 members also contributed the weight of their males.

jill
05-17-2013, 09:32 PM
guess thats good has he wont eat fruit and veg well much he is so fussy

roxynoodle
05-17-2013, 11:07 PM
Keep offering the fresh foods and eat in front of him as much as you can. That's worked well for my birds. My conure wants to eat everything she sees me eat, and that has gotten my amazon to try more foods as well. Now my CAG is blind so that hasn't worked so well for her. She is fussy, too. She likes dried fruit, Granny Smith apples and blueberries. She loves sweet potatoes though, but not much in the way of other veggies. She will only eat the little dark green tips on broccoli. She does love grains: corn, pasta, bread, rice and waffles.

keepsmiling
05-18-2013, 08:35 AM
That is why birdy bread works so well for me. I can hide all kinds of veggies there that they won't normally eat. I have been backing off on the amount of fruit I offer, and increasing the amount of veggies. They are getting used to the change. Except Pico and Gryphon, they are all about fruit.:th_biggrin:

roxynoodle
05-18-2013, 11:51 AM
That is why birdy bread works so well for me. I can hide all kinds of veggies there that they won't normally eat. I have been backing off on the amount of fruit I offer, and increasing the amount of veggies. They are getting used to the change. Except Pico and Gryphon, they are all about fruit.:th_biggrin:

Yep, and oatmeal and spaghetti sauce can hide a lot as well from picky Merlins :) Birdy bread was an absolute must with my Blue Crown as otherwise she wouldn't eat any orange veggies at all.