PDA

View Full Version : My conures

cdog
05-17-2013, 05:50 PM
Hi everyone, just thought I would tell you all about my conures.

I have six green cheeks(all in one room). It started off with two, my breeding pair Sully and Bella. Sully is a cinnamon male and Bella is a normal female. I got them a few years ago and shortly after I got them they started breeding. It turns out that Bella is not a good mother so I had to start handfeeding her three babies at 9-10 days old. I raised those three babies by myself until weaned. I choose to keep those three, BeBe(the oldest baby, normal split to cinnamon male), Scooter(the middle child, normal split to cinnamon male), and Rosie(the youngest one, cinnamon female).
Then Sully and Bella had a second clutch, but because Bella was still not a good mother, I had to take those four at 8-10 days old. I raised those four by myself until weaned at which time I sold three of them and kept the third born. His name is Gadget, he is also a normal split to cinnamon male.

The only health problems they have are Sully has a heart problem so he has to be clipped so he won't get his heart rate up. And BeBe, just a few days ago, got the tip of one of his toes bitten off by most likely Sully. He is doing fine, he has medicine for a week so we will see how it turns out.

All my conures are out all day and they all have their flight feathers except Sully.

Sorry for the long post, hope you get through it all.

Honesty
05-17-2013, 06:10 PM
Hey Chris.. We would love to see pics.

cdog
05-17-2013, 06:13 PM
I will get some pics up sometime today, I have to take some new ones, all I have is baby pictures.

Honesty
05-17-2013, 06:23 PM
OK.. Look forward to seeing them:)

cdog
05-18-2013, 10:31 PM
Sorry guys, I'm having a little trouble uploading my pictures. When I try to upload them it just doesn't work.

roxynoodle
05-18-2013, 10:34 PM
When you click on "insert image" you will get an option to from you computer or give a URL. You can then either choose files from your computer and upload them, or copy the link from photobucket, etc. If you are still unable to do it, PM one of us and we can talk you through it.

spiritbird
05-19-2013, 01:12 PM
Love to see them when you get a chance.

cdog
05-20-2013, 06:37 PM
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]) This is Sully.
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]) This is Bella.
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]) This is Rosie.
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]) This is Gadget
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]) And these are the twins, BeBe is in the front and Scooter is in the back.

cdog
05-20-2013, 06:44 PM
You'll have to excuse the fruit mess in all of the pictures, they just had blackberries and they are very messy eaters!:th_hehe:

Honesty
05-20-2013, 06:48 PM
Beautiful pics Chris:) They are all adorable.

Momto3boys
05-20-2013, 06:50 PM
A[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] they are so cute :th_heart:

roxynoodle
05-20-2013, 10:13 PM
Yay! The pics are up and they are adorable!

Pinkbirdy
05-21-2013, 01:04 AM
They are so freakin cute !!!!!! Whose the easiest going one ?

cdog
05-21-2013, 01:38 AM
Right now the fourth baby is. The fifth baby is the noisiest, and the first two are very active, they just started to peek out of the entry hole yesterday. The parents are raising them and I just play with the first three everyday to make them friendly.

Disregard this post, I was accidentally talking about the budgie babies.:th_LOL:

Robin
05-21-2013, 01:51 AM
They are beautiful !! And look so happy.

cdog
05-21-2013, 02:08 AM
Right now the fourth baby is. The fifth baby is the noisiest, and the first two are very active, they just started to peek out of the entry hole yesterday. The parents are raising them and I just play with the first three everyday to make them friendly.

Haha, my bad I was talking about the budgie babies.
The easiest going conure is Bella. She loves to go for rides and her favorite food is nutriberries. Rosie is probably the sweetest but also one of the loudest. Sully is evil, he is the one who most likely bit off the tip of BeBe's toe, but Sully is the funniest, he is always dancing. Scooter and BeBe are the quietest and Gadget is the phsyco birdie. He is a kamakazie pilot when flying.