PDA

View Full Version : Holy, Moly!

Mare
12-16-2016, 06:14 AM
My newest goofy to the flock is Shaggy and..please, help me God. He's now decided to scream at every thing,, just for a minute but still, he didn't do that when I first brought him home. I'm not sure what's setting him off. When I set up the Christmas tree he was totally cool with it. I think he started to decline when the wrapping paper and boxes showed up..maybe, too much, too soon..? Sassy jumps right in, she loves the wrapping paper, especially the cardboard tubes :). Anybody else's bird have this anxiety?

Quakerella
12-16-2016, 06:36 AM
Oh no Mare. I can't say any of mine have anxiety to that extent, some are not fond of change though. Maybe Christmas time is a little overwhelming? All the decorations, tree, presents, hustle and bustle. Maybe there is something about the paper and boxes that is triggering an old memory? I sure hope he calms down a little for you.

Dragonlady2
12-16-2016, 02:40 PM
Maybe the honeymoon is over and you are seeing the real Shaggy aka the Shagmeister...haha. Hopefully it's just a response to the inevitable excitement in the air and he settles down soon for you.

Casper's 2nd best friend
12-16-2016, 06:21 PM
Nope, Casper's anxiety seems to major around cake at the moment, He doesn't see why we should have it when he is not allowed. :)

Mare
12-18-2016, 02:39 AM
Poor Casper! :). Yes, I'm also afraid the honeymoon might be over, Helena. He's become much more excitable over the past couple weeks. I'm really hoping it isn't having to do with the vet visits. The last one I had him at, he got very afraid when I went to set him on the scale..he was fine the time before. He had to be toweled to get weighed and then freaked when let loose. He tried to fly off the table, hit the wall and ran under a chair. Scary stuff..

Lady
12-18-2016, 02:54 AM
Aww Mare, maybe it is just that things are changing around the house rather quickly. I hope he relaxes a bit when the hussle and bussle calms down.

Mare
12-18-2016, 03:10 AM
Thanks, Alice, I hope so. When the house is quiet I make a point to have him with me, he helps prepare food bowls, likes helping with washing dishes, folding laundry is terribly fun with him. I try to keep him progressing with our lives together. You're right, though, there has been a lot going on around here :)

PlaxMacaws
12-18-2016, 11:51 PM
He's now decided to scream at every thing ... Anybody else's bird have this anxiety?Yes indeed! And that would be Maynard.

Macaw Lover
12-19-2016, 03:18 AM
Donovan. I can take the garbage bag out of the can now but if I carry anything, it freaks him out and he can start screaming and it will be 4 years in April that I got him.

Mare
12-20-2016, 03:16 AM
Thanks, Tony and Renee', good to know I'm not alone :). The scary thing with Shaggy, I'm finding, is when he gets over excited..I don't get close to him and hopefully he isn't on me because he's known to lunge and bite just out of being crazy, out of his mind with monsters in his head! He settles down quickly but during the heat of one of his outbursts..I don't trust him.

Quakerella
12-20-2016, 06:14 AM
Have to admit, I wouldn't want that beak coming at me either if he's in a crazy mood.:th_wink:

PlaxMacaws
12-20-2016, 07:24 AM
Thanks, Tony and Renee', good to know I'm not alone :). The scary thing with Shaggy, I'm finding, is when he gets over excited..I don't get close to him and hopefully he isn't on me because he's known to lunge and bite just out of being crazy, out of his mind with monsters in his head! He settles down quickly but during the heat of one of his outbursts..I don't trust him.I'd guess that since you're both still more or less getting used to each other, as time passes you'll likely begin feeling more confident about where your boundaries lie.

Mare
12-20-2016, 08:07 AM
I'd guess that since you're both still more or less getting used to each other, as time passes you'll likely begin feeling more confident about where your boundaries lie.

I'm not, exactly..afraid of him, wary may be a more definitive term. I think we enjoy each other, regardless. I've never taken up "sword fencing", but I think we would make good opponents:)

Mare
12-20-2016, 08:08 AM
Have to admit, I wouldn't want that beak coming at me either if he's in a crazy mood.:th_wink:

The crazy moments ARE crazy!!