PDA

View Full Version : When I Die...

PlaxMacaws
10-27-2016, 07:41 PM

Casper's 2nd best friend
10-27-2016, 08:03 PM
Wonderful sentiments but in our house its going to be a race to the finishing line and I doubt, when the time comes, we will be fit enough to take in another lodger.

Dragonlady2
10-27-2016, 08:29 PM
Wonderful sentiments but in our house its going to be a race to the finishing line and I doubt, when the time comes, we will be fit enough to take in another lodger.

Same here. My birds are young enough to outlive me, but I would definitely look for an older bird.

Tony....your post brought a tear to my eye for all the birds that have passed and those that will.

PlaxMacaws
10-27-2016, 09:35 PM
Same here. My birds are young enough to outlive me, but I would definitely look for an older bird.

Tony....your post brought a tear to my eye for all the birds that have passed and those that will.The same for me :'(

Wonderful sentiments but in our house its going to be a race to the finishing line and I doubt, when the time comes, we will be fit enough to take in another lodger.Understood. I think a main point of the message, though, is for folks to consider adopting from the huge population of discarded and/or abused companion birds in our world. Doing so should not only provide a great home and a second chance to a bird in need, but it should as well preclude the possibility of further contributing to the problem. However, your point is well-taken, Jean-Pierre.

Macaw Lover
10-27-2016, 11:58 PM
I did not need to sit here and cry, thank you.

I know many a bird would have said the same thing though.

Casper's 2nd best friend
10-28-2016, 10:15 PM
Tony, I wholeheartedly agree. Perhaps there should be a moratorium on new bird sales until all the rescue and displaced birds have found loving homes.

plax
10-29-2016, 12:47 AM
Tony, I wholeheartedly agree. Perhaps there should be a moratorium on new bird sales until all the rescue and displaced birds have found loving homes.
At the very least there absolutely should be! Sadly though it will never happen since too much of humankind considers parrots as mere commodities :'(

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Lady
10-29-2016, 01:58 AM
I can hardly imagine the loss of my Lady, but I also have much difficulty thinking I couldn't share my life with another beautiful feathered friend. A smaller one most likely, but for sure one of some type.