PDA

View Full Version : How do you recycle toys?

Casper's 2nd best friend
09-06-2016, 09:07 AM
We have been doing a bit of cupboard tidying and have realised that Casper has a bin full of toys/ladders/swings that have either been lightly played with or totally ignored.
Can we give them to an animal shelter, try and make them more appealing to him or what...?
Suggestions please :)

Dragonlady2
09-06-2016, 09:27 AM
If you have a number of them, you might try selling them via an ad. Usually a shelter won't take them due to risk of bacteria etc being passed on.
I had the same issue with this so I began taking them apart and recreating something new with what was left and usable. Sometimes it works, sometimes it bombs...you never know what they will like.

Lady
09-10-2016, 06:56 AM
I also like to try to create something new out of older toys that have been slightly used. Sometimes I just take them apart, clean and dry them well and have to store them in plastic resealable bags until I need to use them. I also like to rearrange Lady's cage at least twice a month to give it a new look and have found that she will often play with toys that she didn't pay attention to when it was in another location.

Quakerella
09-18-2016, 10:26 PM
I dismantle toys that have broken or badly chewed pieces and use the remainder of the parts that are still good for foot toys. Birds really enjoy them.