PDA

View Full Version : New Budgie Friend!

Maddy
08-22-2016, 05:50 AM
I have been trying to befriend Paris for months, but he just wants a birdie friend. I've been looking for a budgie on Craigslist, but they are always in pairs or a bunch of them being sold by crappy breeders. So I finally decided to get one from our wonderful local pet store (they get their budgies from a local breeder). I picked out this little cutie this afternoon! S/he is just a baby, 12 weeks old. S/he isn't named yet, but I have a few ideas. I love the name Lincoln, Link for short. I think that would work for either gender, but I'm not sure about the nickname for a girl. I love the name Alice, but only for a girl. Also to go with Paris, I like Eiffel, Effie for short, and Frenchie. I just wish I could tell the gender, but s/he is too young to know for sure. Feel free to suggest other names, unisex would be good!

Here is the sweet baby!

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

The Pinkertons
08-22-2016, 06:34 AM
I love the name Alice, but only for a girl If she turns out to be a male , Alice could become Alexander, Alex for short ! sounds close to Alice...Or how about Alexa for girl Alex for a boy ! :th_smile:

Mare
08-22-2016, 02:26 PM
Hi, little cutie! Welcome! :). How about Croissant, nothing more French than that! Just kidding :)...although..

I like the names you've been thinking of. When the time comes to know if you've got a male or female..how do you tell?

Maddy
08-23-2016, 12:43 AM
Thank you! Mare, you can tell by the color of their ceres. I asked on a budgie forum today, and they said that he is a male. That makes me happy!

His name is Lincoln, Link for short!

lolsavannahh
08-23-2016, 01:51 AM
what a pretty boy! I think my next bird ( in 15-20 years.... ) will be a budgie or a cockatiel.. Lovies are too unaffectionate for me! so glad he and his buddy will be happy together(:

Dragonlady2
08-23-2016, 12:27 PM
Those are beautiful pictures. Love the name Link.

Lady
08-27-2016, 02:17 PM
What a handsome little boy he is. I'm sure Paris will enjoy his company as well as you! Let us know what she thinks of her new roommate.

Blancaej
08-28-2016, 03:41 PM
He/She is a cutie! Congratulations Maddy!! :)

wingman
10-08-2016, 10:58 PM
Umm that's a female parakeet

Wolfsbane
01-11-2017, 07:35 PM
Aww, adorable budgie! Not sure if he IS a male though, young budgies are a bit hard to distinguish, but if Lincoln turns out to be a girl you can always call her Lincy or Linnie or something like that.