PDA

View Full Version : Guess who flew?!

Mare
08-19-2016, 05:50 PM
Well, the names stuck, from the smallest to biggest..Teeny, Tiny and Mo. They are all fully feathered, sweet, friendly and happy little things :). I've moved them to a larger cage where they can spread their wings and climb up rope perches. Their little wings are throwing feather casings all over the place!

This is Mo, she will be five weeks old on Monday. She has been the most adventurous of the three, climbing the highest and flapping the most. I just had her out and she flew across the room and into the kitchen, around 30ft flight! When my photobucket allows, I'll get some pics up of all three. :)

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Lady
08-19-2016, 10:56 PM
WOW what a cute little baby Mo is! Look at all that orange coloring on the cheeks~

kendrafitz
08-20-2016, 01:17 AM
That is AWESOME!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Casper's 2nd best friend
08-20-2016, 09:24 AM
No "fear of flying" there then! :)

Mare
08-21-2016, 12:34 AM
No "fear of flying" there then! :)

Nope, no fear, I'm afraid! All three of them are flapping like crazy but only Mo has actually taken off and several times at this point! She flys till she hits a window or wall, it scares me! I don't want her hurt, Yikes! They have no issues with being picked up or any human contact, they just want to FLY!

A couple of my kids came by today and they're like.."Now what?..do you clip their wings?" I don't KNOW the next step, I've never dealt with babies! Any advice?..

Baby cockatiels, five weeks old on Monday..cutest things on this earth! While trying new foods and at the same time chewing off new feather's sheaths, scratching at their ears and falling into the food bowls because of.. = precious :)

Blancaej
08-21-2016, 01:59 PM
Wow! They are growing up fast! I would let all of them fully fledge before clipping. It's important for them to learn to fly. Scary I know, but they'll get through it! ;)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Casper's 2nd best friend
08-21-2016, 02:35 PM
Put stripes of coloured sticky tape on the glass so they can learn there is something there. We have a problem with young wild birds hitting the outside of windows in spring and have found this reduces the number of bird strikes.

Mare
08-21-2016, 05:17 PM
Ok, thanks for the advice Blanca and Jean-Pierre :). I reall don't want to clip them. This morning, little Mo flew to my shoulder! She's learning how to maneuver so this makes me think we have hope!

Lady
08-21-2016, 06:51 PM
There are some beautiful window decals we can purchase at our local big box store.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Pinkbirdy
08-22-2016, 12:59 AM
So cute !!!!

Dragonlady2
08-23-2016, 12:19 PM
Mo is a sweetie. You have done a wonderful job with them Mare. I love the updates that you post.....kind of letting us take the handfeeding adventure with you.