PDA

View Full Version : Some Recent Pics Of Savannah

Blancaej
07-22-2016, 10:40 PM
Here are some recent pics of my GW Macaw Savannah. She has been doing great!

In April I celebrated her gotcha day and I have now been her mama for 3 years now! Feels longer though! She also celebrated her 23rd birthday this past June 21st!

Just her hanging out with me in the dinning room while scrapbooking.
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

For more photos from this blog post click here: The Sweet Life Of A Parrot: Sitting With Mama! ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

My son and I walking Savannah this spring

For more pics from this blog post go to: The Sweet Life Of A Parrot: Time For Work ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

Savannah relaxing outside!

For more pics from this blog post go to: The Sweet Life Of A Parrot: Relaxing In The Country! ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

Savannah went shopping with us!

For more pics from this blog post go to: The Sweet Life Of A Parrot: Savannah Goes Shopping! ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

Savannah goes on the boat!

For more pics from this blog post go to:
The Sweet Life Of A Parrot: Savannah & Quincy's First Boat Trip Of The Season! ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

Savannah spreading those wings!

For more pics from this blog post go to: The Sweet Life Of A Parrot: Look At Those Beautiful Wings! ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

Another boat ride!
For more pics from this blog post go to: The Sweet Life Of A Parrot: Savannah & Quincy's Turn! ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

I'll try to get to Sidney & Coqui next. If not tonight or tomorrow then probably next week. I will be away from Sat-Mon this week! Thanks for reading!

Dragonlady2
07-22-2016, 10:56 PM
Savannah is beautiful! I still fear the beak, though. But if I thought I could handle a macaw, it would be a greenwing.

Lady
07-22-2016, 11:15 PM
I don't know why but my browser will not open any of the pics. I will check it out in a different browser :).

Blancaej
07-22-2016, 11:40 PM
Savannah is beautiful! I still fear the beak, though. But if I thought I could handle a macaw, it would be a greenwing.
It was quite scary at first but I learned quickly she is an old softie! ;) A GW is known for being gentle giants and she certainly is! :)

I don't know why but my browser will not open any of the pics. I will check it out in a different browser :).
Sorry about that. Hopefully you can see them on another browser. ;)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

kendrafitz
07-22-2016, 11:53 PM
So happy to see you here again!! Looks like Savannah is having a great time!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Blancaej
07-23-2016, 01:25 AM
So happy to see you here again!! Looks like Savannah is having a great time!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Thanks Kendra! Savannah has been doing well! :)

Casper's 2nd best friend
07-23-2016, 08:16 AM
Great pics, what is the hoody/vest thing that she wears outdoors? How does she get on with boating?

lolsavannahh
07-23-2016, 02:24 PM
She has a great name (;

So beautiful... I love green wings. Heres me and my greenwing buddy..

I for sure would get a green wing if I ever decided to rescue a macaw, but I honestly doubt that would ever happen haha the noise may be too much for me

Mare
07-23-2016, 02:35 PM
Savannah is beautiful, Blanca! How is she with putting on her harness..(Jean-Pierre, I think the hoodie is part of the harness ensemble :) ).

Blancaej
07-23-2016, 03:11 PM
Great pics, what is the hoody/vest thing that she wears outdoors? How does she get on with boating?

The hoodie I have them wear in the spring and fall up here in Vermont. It goes over their Aviator harness. But I started making harness vests for them this spring. I am working on making my own hoodies and will put a harness attachment right on the hoodie. Then it eliminates having to put two things on them! They love the hoodies as it keeps them warm. I hope to make them a fleece version of the hoodie for the winter time! :) As for the boating, Savannah just loves being with me. So it's a win win. I think all of my birds enjoys a little sunshine and fresh air! ;)

She has a great name (;

I for sure would get a green wing if I ever decided to rescue a macaw, but I honestly doubt that would ever happen haha the noise may be too much for me

Thanks! Yes, GW are very loud. I have had Savannah squawk in my ear and it's very loud and can some times be defining! But she is my biggest sweet heart! :)

Savannah is beautiful, Blanca! How is she with putting on her harness..(Jean-Pierre, I think the hoodie is part of the harness ensemble :) ).

She and Sidney chew at it the most! Since I am making them now I am looking for ways I can make it less attractive to chew! It's a work in progress. But when we are on walks and on bigger adventures they are more distracted and don't chew on it nearly as much!

Casper's 2nd best friend
07-23-2016, 09:13 PM
Hmmm, I am thinking harness vest combined with buoyancy aid for boating birds. I'll just leave that thought with you! Just remember me when you have made your first million from it :)

The Pinkertons
07-23-2016, 09:14 PM
She has a great name (;

I for sure would get a green wing if I ever decided to rescue a macaw, but I honestly doubt that would ever happen haha the noise may be too much for me Cool Picture !

The Pinkertons
07-23-2016, 09:17 PM
Hmmm, I am thinking harness vest combined with buoyancy aid for boating birds. I'll just leave that thought with you! Just remember me when you have made your first million from it That's actually a really good idea.

Blancaej
07-24-2016, 12:14 AM
Hmmm, I am thinking harness vest combined with buoyancy aid for boating birds. I'll just leave that thought with you! Just remember me when you have made your first million from it :)
Love it!! ;)

Maddy
07-24-2016, 06:33 AM
I love your pictures of pretty Savannah! She gets to go boating, how lucky! :) LOL!

Blancaej
07-25-2016, 02:47 PM
I love your pictures of pretty Savannah! She gets to go boating, how lucky! :) LOL!
Thanks Maddy. :)

luckyandjenn
10-21-2016, 02:14 PM
Wow what an awsome flock you have i love you hoodie/harness ill have to try and make somthing like that for my Blue and gold lucky ....