PDA

View Full Version : Food On The Floor

mdg1109
07-20-2016, 11:36 AM
Good morning all. Does anyone else's Too scoop the food out of their pellet food bowl to where it flies all over the place? Charlie sits in his food bowl and scoops the food out with his beak so it goes flying everywhere! I think more food ends up on the bottom of the cage and the floor than in him!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Dragonlady2
07-20-2016, 02:11 PM
I have the same issue with my Sennie. He hates red pellets and will throw them out and in the process empties his dish. I have almost got him switched over to an uncoloured pellet, but he is stubborn.

Michelle, have you tried changing his pellets? Does he like them or is he just playing around when he tosses them? Toos are so smart....maybe he has figured out that he likes this "game" of tossing out the pellets.

All I do is sweep up the excess from the floor. I would like a solution too, so hopefully someone comes along with some ideas.

Mare
07-21-2016, 06:32 PM
No solution here! It sounds like Charlie is having some fun :). Amigo would fling foods from his fresh food bowl but not the other bowls. Sassy is our scooper outer, she enjoys sending the seed flying.

mdg1109
07-22-2016, 11:32 AM
Lol, yes I think it is a game for Charlie he is enjoying it (a little too much). I have him on the Harrison's pellets but I think I am going to order the larger size to see if the flying food can stop.

I am open to any other suggestions. Thankfully Charlie does not send fresh food out of his bowl, if it is something he doesn't like he just drops it.

Blancaej
07-22-2016, 05:40 PM
My Quincy can be terrible about this! Funny thing is he doesn't do it all the time! He's my weirdo, what can I say! LOL! So I have no suggestions either. Sorry!

Casper's 2nd best friend
07-22-2016, 09:58 PM
Casper thinks that the bigger pellets make a very satisfying "ping" as they rattle off the bars of the cage. :)

mdg1109
07-23-2016, 10:10 AM
Lol Jean-Pierreand Blanca...Charlie is my weirdo too Blanca he doesn't do the pellet flinging all the time but when he does the go EVERYWHERE and I think it is the noise that he likes hearing them fly all over the place Jean-Pierre.

He is 8 months old now and is starting to remind me of a toddler who will try anything and everything to get a laugh or reaction out of someone.

Maddy
07-24-2016, 06:38 AM
Jester tries to fit as many pellets as he can in his beak, and then drops almost all of them! Over half of the contents of his bowl usually end up on the ground......sigh.

mdg1109
07-24-2016, 10:28 AM
Jester tries to fit as many pellets as he can in his beak, and then drops almost all of them! Over half of the contents of his bowl usually end up on the ground......sigh.

OH No Maddy, I know that I shouldn't laugh but that is kind of funny. Charlie just stands in his food bowl and starts scooping away like he is digging in the sand or something, and then cries sometimes when his food bowl is empty...smh.

Casper's 2nd best friend
07-26-2016, 08:19 AM
I forgot to mention that bits of Harrisons's are really really painful if you tread on them barefoot.

Dragonlady2
07-26-2016, 03:11 PM
I have had my share of pellets(I call it birdie kibble), on the floor, in my sandals, and on the furniture. The worst is when they fling their wet food. If I miss it on the floor, I end up stepping in it. I've had to tape plastic tableclothes on the walls and the bars of their cages get sticky because they will climb all over while they eat....ugh!

Mare
07-27-2016, 05:00 PM
Our Sassy bird is a funny one. She will grab a pellet or large seed, walk over to a cage bar and crack it between her beak and the bar..if that makes sense. It doesn't get eaten..just crunched. Does anyone else's bird do that?

Casper's 2nd best friend
07-27-2016, 08:19 PM
Yes Casper will just shred food like nuts up without actually eating any, he seems to think we have an endless supply and money to waste. :)

Casper's 2nd best friend
07-27-2016, 08:47 PM
And despite being covered up for the night we have just been treated to the bish bash bosh of the contents of his fresh food bowl hitting the bottom of the cage.

Lady
07-28-2016, 12:03 AM
Silly birds, guess they just don't know that what they drop for later won't sprout for next season.

mdg1109
07-28-2016, 01:41 PM
Charlie (Knock on wood) has not flung his fresh food, if he doesn't like it he simply drops it to the bottom of his cage. We have a friend that had a African Gray that used to fling his entire fresh food bowl around his cage :th_eek: