PDA

View Full Version : I'm pretty sure..

Mare
07-07-2016, 02:19 AM
I'm a dang bird magnet :(. Meet Carl. I was minding my own business and in walks Tim with this baby bird. He was doing tractor work out back and got going with his rake and saw this little one flitting around on the ground. He says he didn't see any nest or parents, he went back to check several times. Anyways..I want to introduce little Carl bird :). And..boy oh boy, he is a hungry guy!

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Dragonlady2
07-07-2016, 02:52 AM
What a cute little beggar....what kind is he?

Mare
07-07-2016, 03:39 AM
I'm guessing he's a sort of sparrow..?.. He never shuts up, I researched what to feed him and how often. He's got a healthy appetite, for sure!!

Maddy
07-07-2016, 04:22 AM
Oh my gosh, Carl is so precious!!!!!!!

The Pinkertons
07-07-2016, 06:05 AM
Carl is precious, now we all have something to chat about, and share the progress in the life and times of Baby Carl :th_smile:

Dragonlady2
07-07-2016, 12:01 PM
How is your little chickie this morning Mare?

Mare
07-07-2016, 02:25 PM
How is your little chickie this morning Mare?

HUNGRY!! I can't find enough worms but I have softened kitten chow and mashed up hard boiled egg. His little wings are getting some pretty good lift, he'll be ready to take off within a couple days. When the time comes, I'll take him back to the area Tim found him and hope he will reunite with his family.

The Pinkertons
07-07-2016, 06:29 PM
HUNGRY!! I can't find enough worms but I have softened kitten chow and mashed up hard boiled egg. His little wings are getting some pretty good lift, he'll be ready to take off within a couple days. When the time comes, I'll take him back to the area Tim found him and hope he will reunite with his family.

I had that experience with a fledgling humming bird, Poor tiny thing was hanging on some alge strings on my pond waterfall, I took him in until he got his strength and bearings. For me it was gift/ experience of a lifetime, observing a tiny little creature close-up. When it was time to let him go it brought tears to my eyes. He hovered around me for awhile then took off. To this day once- in- awhile a humming bird will hover within a foot of me, I wonder if it's Baby Hummers.
( Born Free ) !

Lady
07-10-2016, 04:01 PM
Just a quick check up on Carl.....how is the hungry little guy today?

Mare
07-10-2016, 05:01 PM
Little Carl has flown the coop! :). He was flying like a champ so I took him down where Tim found him and let him go. He was chirping up a storm, I hope he does well out there.

Lady
07-10-2016, 05:17 PM
That's great!! I hope so too. Maybe one day you will see him again.