PDA

View Full Version : Just doesn't seem fair!!

Lady
06-08-2016, 02:24 AM
​#gripe​ ​#gripe​ ​#​gripe​ ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]) ​

I finally found a cage size to my liking but the bar spacing is too big!!!!

What is your opinion of this cage?

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

lolsavannahh
06-08-2016, 02:56 AM
Aww.. Maybe they make something of the same size but with thinner bars? I have this cage:
and it's about 4 feet tall and very good quality for a small bird who doesnt bite bars. Many doors, and comes with perches its great. Also very large! Like I said mines about 4ft by 3ft+ by about 2 1/2 feet so is very roomy. Nash doesn't even use half of it.. I really like this cage for all birds up to a conure size

Lady
07-10-2016, 07:01 PM
Sorry lolsavannah,
I just saw your reply to this thread. That is a nice size cage for the birds you describe. Lady however is about 17-18 inches from head to tip of tail. She likes to bite on the bars on occasion and climb about her cage. I'll keep looking~
Thanks

lolsavannahh
07-10-2016, 10:26 PM
Sorry lolsavannah,
I just saw your reply to this thread. That is a nice size cage for the birds you describe. Lady however is about 17-18 inches from head to tip of tail. She likes to bite on the bars on occasion and climb about her cage. I'll keep looking~
Thanks

The bars are very sturdy and can definately handle her climbing on them, but chewwing a ton, probably not. I hope you find the perfect cage soon though! It took me several months to decide on this cage for Nash, and I honestly don't think I would get anything different. You'll find one soon enough!(:

Lady
07-11-2016, 12:05 AM
Thanks, it will be a day I will not know how to act. I will probably take tons of pictures and rearrange it countless times.

lolsavannahh
07-11-2016, 12:06 AM
haha that's what I did too! What is her cage like now? Is it just too small for your liking, or is she due for a new one?

Lady
07-11-2016, 12:27 AM
I have always wanted a much bigger cage. Mostly deeper or wider rather that tall, but if I can have all three without giving up my bed or bureau I'll take it.
She really stays in or on her cage most of the time with the whole front of the cage open for her to climb to the playtop or go anywhere if she so chooses. She is fully flighted but doesn't venture anywhere much. If a loud noise scares her and she does come out of the cage she goes right to the floor. She will climb down and come sit with me from time to time or if I have something she wants.

Cedardave
07-12-2016, 01:35 AM
HQ and King make some great cages that may work for you.Depending on where your located they may or may not be easy to get.We have our Hahns in an HQ cage ...strong bars..top opens..I would imagine it would work for your little one HQ also makes a nice double flight cage with strong bars that would do the trick.

Lady
07-16-2016, 12:55 AM
Thanks Cedardave, I think I'll be doing some more research on their site!

rachel1967
02-05-2017, 02:20 PM
Aww.. Maybe they make something of the same size but with thinner bars? I have this cage:
and it's about 4 feet tall and very good quality for a small bird who doesnt bite bars. Many doors, and comes with perches its great. Also very large! Like I said mines about 4ft by 3ft+ by about 2 1/2 feet so is very roomy. Nash doesn't even use half of it.. I really like this cage for all birds up to a conure size

Where can I find a cage like this and what's the price tag like?

Dragonlady2
02-05-2017, 03:06 PM
Try looking on Amazon.com. Some pet stores will order them in as well.

kendrafitz
02-05-2017, 05:01 PM
Maybe mybirdstore.com. I didn't see this specific cage but they have a decent variety. Save20 will get you 20% off and I believe shipping on orders over $75 is free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lady
02-05-2017, 07:15 PM
I finally pick out Lady's cage last month. It was atleast a two year mission for me. I got it on amazon and all of us love it!

kendrafitz
02-05-2017, 07:29 PM
That is an awesome cage, I love the play top! Lady peeking off the side is too cute!

Casper's 2nd best friend
02-05-2017, 10:09 PM
Has anyone else had to change the castors on their cage? Casper's cage came with what look like office chair castors which were screwed into captive nuts in the legs. They did not stand up well to off-roading. I recently bought a set of hospital bed castors with a much bigger threaded shaft so I was able to enlarge the holes in the captive nuts and tap new threads. Casper now gets a comfy ride when we wheel him around. :)

Dragonlady2
02-05-2017, 10:28 PM
I haven't had to change the casters, however, most of the ones I have just suck. They make it too hard to turn or they get caught on a piece of dust. I do have an aluminum cage that I love. Easy to move and no paint to chew off.

kendrafitz
02-05-2017, 11:12 PM
I don't really move Rosie's cage around so I haven't noticed. It gets moved maybe a foot in any direction for cleaning but that's about it. Since she has so many stands and her cage is so big it doesn't make sense for me to move it.

Good solution to Caspers cage wheels!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lady
02-06-2017, 12:09 AM
We use to wheel Lady and her cage from room to room and haven't had any problems with the wheels. The new cage is to big to leave the room it's in so I don't expect to have many issues if any.
It's great that you were able to adjust the new wheels to Casper's cage.