PDA

View Full Version : irritants

PlaxMacaws
06-05-2016, 06:03 PM
I think there may be a role among our community for a new hash tag called ​​#gripe ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])​​. It can serve as a label for grouping posts that express various personal irritants relating not only to our forum community, but to anything at all that tends to peeve the poster.

To start things off, my initial gripe has to do with rudeness and arrogance. One example of such is when a person somehow feels excessively entitled to engage in certain actions or to possess certain perceived rights or property, and who does so to the point that their actions impose upon the rights and/or possessions of others. I have seen this a lot in life and it has been a long-standing main peeve for me. Another example is when an individual leaves someone hanging for a reply to a communication effort - such as when forum members don't at least acknowledge a PM. Sure there can be legitimate explanations for why some of these things may occur at times. But often there isn't.

So it's your turn now :)

Note: You don't have to reply here (you may do so if you wish, though). However, please feel free to place the #gripe ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]) tag within the message body of any post you submit in any thread, as long as there's a personal peeve expressed within your text.

Lady
06-05-2016, 07:22 PM
Well it's been awhile since I used the hash tag so let's see if I can remember how. I barely get the mention to work correctly for me, but that's my issue and if I use it more I will get better at it so here goes.

Today I have a ​#gripe ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]) ​ with the weather forecast. It was to thunderstorms on and off all day. I hence canceled my shopping trips and it is beautiful out. Go figure because I sure could of enjoyed getting some much needed shopping done instead of cleaning up my closet.

The Pinkertons
06-05-2016, 08:16 PM
I think there may be a role among our community for a new hash tag called ​​#gripe ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]) ​​. It can serve as a label for grouping posts that express various personal irritants relating not only to our forum community, but to anything at all that tends to peeve the poster.

To start things off, my initial gripe has to do with rudeness and arrogance. One example of such is when a person somehow feels excessively entitled to engage in certain actions or to possess certain perceived rights or property, and who does so to the point that their actions impose upon the rights and/or possessions of others. I have seen this a lot in life and it has been a long-standing main peeve for me. Another example is when an individual leaves someone hanging for a reply to a communication effort - such as when forum members don't at least acknowledge a PM. Sure there can be legitimate explanations for why some of these things may occur at times. But often there isn't.

So it's your turn now :)

Note: You don't have to reply here (you may do so if you wish, though). However, please feel free to place the #gripe ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]) tag within the message body of any post you submit in any thread, as long as there's a personal peeve expressed within your text.learning how to take snippets from text #gripe ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]) and many other things :numbness:

kendrafitz
06-05-2016, 09:35 PM
Hmmm...let me see. This weekend it would be children with horrible manners and no regard for rules. Actually, it should be parents that don't teach their kids to be respectful.

My daughter had 2 girls over (1 who is great, 1 who isn't to put it mildly). It was not a nice day so they were told no pool and I would be inside. The not so great girl shoved the other in the deep end of the pool with all her clothing on. Thank goodness she knows how to swim and wasn't holding her iPhone. I was really upset. The culprit lied, said the other tripped. Then when she left, she didn't say goodbye or thank you. Ick. Needless to say the kid will not be back.

Sadly, I cannot figure out how to get the whole #gripe thing to work, so I will just leave it at this.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The Pinkertons
06-06-2016, 01:01 AM
​​#gripe ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]) ​Your Fortunate that it didn't end in tragedy . What a nasty Kid, hopefully she'll change her attitude, otherwise she's not going to have any friends. ​

The Pinkertons
06-06-2016, 01:23 AM
Hmmm...let me see. This weekend it would be children with horrible manners and no regard for rules. Actually, it should be parents that don't teach their kids to be respectful.

My daughter had 2 girls over (1 who is great, 1 who isn't to put it mildly). It was not a nice day so they were told no pool and I would be inside. The not so great girl shoved the other in the deep end of the pool with all her clothing on. Thank goodness she knows how to swim and wasn't holding her iPhone. I was really upset. The culprit lied, said the other tripped. Then when she left, she didn't say goodbye or thank you. Ick. Needless to say the kid will not be back.

Sadly, I cannot figure out how to get the whole #gripe ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]) thing to work, so I will just leave it at this.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

when your message has posted check to see if #gripe ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]) is active when you click on the active link it will take you to the thread =irritants there you will see a list of posts that you can click on to read sort of like a sub-forum

kendrafitz
06-06-2016, 01:37 PM
Suzanne - so true. I was keeping an eye on them but when I heard the splash I almost died. I know my daughter and the girl who go pushed in are rule followers, it didn't occur to me the other would push someone in. Sigh... we have had lots of issues with this kid and sadly for her most of the group of girls doesn't like her.
Can't wait for this school year to end.

I tried that from my tablets, phone and computer. Either my stuff isn't compatible or I am just a mess. Lol. The latter is probably the case. I'm not overly concerned about it though. Thank you for helping though. :)

PlaxMacaws
06-06-2016, 01:43 PM
I tried that from my tablets, phone and computer. Either my stuff isn't compatible or I am just a mess. Lol. The latter is probably the case. I'm not overly concerned about it though. Thank you for helping though. :)Kendra: Sorry to hear about the PITA girl :(. As for the hash tagging, please look at the following reply I've submitted for Alice: [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

kendrafitz
06-06-2016, 01:47 PM
Tony- Will do. I will try from my computer later today. Thanks!

PlaxMacaws
06-06-2016, 01:48 PM
Everyone: you don't have to put the same hash tag in every reply within a thread. For example, I would only include the tag word #gripe in a new reply if I were appending additional gripe info :D

PlaxMacaws
06-06-2016, 03:58 PM
Tony- Will do. I will try from my computer later today. Thanks!You're welcome.

wingman
06-07-2016, 01:26 AM
Seed nats
s!!! An influx of them this year in the south for some reason?

Lady
07-02-2016, 03:52 AM
​#​​gripe ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]) ​

I don't know what my problem is besides I feel I will not be happy unless I get the right cage. I want at least a 30W and from what I understand no more than a half to 5/8 on the bar spacing. Is it me or am I just crazy. I have been fussing about this for about a year!!!!
These are the two that I would like but something is not right with one or the other!!!!
This one from amazon is a great price but not wide enough for my liking....
And this one, from Kings is wide enough but. the bar spacing is 1inch.....
I just want to make a good decision and most important a safe place for my girl :tmsmakesme:

PlaxMacaws
07-02-2016, 04:44 AM
How aggravating, Alice :(

The Pinkertons
07-02-2016, 05:22 AM
​#​​gripe ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]) ​

I don't know what my problem is besides I feel I will not be happy unless I get the right cage. I want at least a 30W and from what I understand no more than a half to 5/8 on the bar spacing. Is it me or am I just crazy. I have been fussing about this for about a year!!!!
These are the two that I would like but something is not right with one or the other!!!!
This one from amazon is a great price but not wide enough for my liking....
And this one, from Kings is wide enough but. the bar spacing is 1inch.....
I just want to make a good decision and most important a safe place for my girl :tmsmakesme: I like them both...
Eeny, meeny, miny, moe :th_hmmm:

Mare
07-02-2016, 05:48 AM
Today..I actually have NO gripe! Tim left home for five days..mostly a good thing..my two adult children that live near-by are with him. They went to a music festival in northernish California, camping, swimming in the river and having fun. If I looked hard for ONE gripe..it would have to be, my car has never died on me in a parking lot before today, my savior man power are far away! I'm thankful for the wonderful people that visit the parking lot of the True Value where I was parked. Life is good :)

Dragonlady2
07-02-2016, 06:32 PM
I love it when I have the run of the house and no one is home. It's like playing hooky for the day.

Mare
07-08-2016, 01:11 AM
I love it when I have the run of the house and no one is home. It's like playing hooky for the day.

Right?! No one judging or criticizing..always a good day! :)

Dragonlady2
07-08-2016, 02:04 AM
Right?! No one judging or criticizing..always a good day! :)

And eating cheesecake for supper, lol.

Mare
07-08-2016, 03:40 PM
Seed nats
s!!! An influx of them this year in the south for some reason?

Gnat bites are worse than mosquito bites! Although mosquitos carry deadly diseases, the gnat bite affects me in the worse way!

Mare
07-08-2016, 04:57 PM
Frickin' people!! They "GRIPE" me out!!

Lady
07-09-2016, 12:00 AM
I agree Mare, it's a sad world when you can abandon a loved one :'(. Some folks just don't get it!

kendrafitz
11-16-2016, 03:52 PM
Here is my gripe....it has been a crappy week. :th_crycry:

1. My son was super sick over the weekend.
2. While we were in DC someone stole our CC number and started making charges. This happens EVERY time we go away. It is taken care of, but really annoying.
3. Went to the Dr. for my regular visit wanting to speak with him about my weight. It just keeps going up and up even though I have doing a god awful smoothie diet. First thing out of his mouth, before I can broach the subject is a sarcastic "are you pregnant?". Ugh. He then tells me I am binge eating (I am not) and wants to put me on medication for that. At least he took a blood test to check my thyroid so maybe he believes me...a little.
4. A friend that I have had for 10 years pretty much dumped me last night bc of issues our kids are having. Thankfully we had drifted apart over the last year or I would be crushed.
5. I found an excellent football training program for my son in a town that is about 10 minutes from us. It is in a gym owned by Kevin Johnson and the program is coached by 5 retired NFL players. I thought it would be a great way for my son to bulk up and improve since he will be playing varsity full time next fall (and it scare the living daylights our of me). My son has flat out refused to even go to the information session and is acting as if I am trying to get him to put spikes under his fingernails.
6. My headstrong Rosie decides it will be fun to eat a dime and fights me tooth and nail over it. Which is never fun considering her beak is the size of my fist. :eeeek:

I am so over this week and it is only Wednesday. I was going to make a hair appointment but I think I will wait until next week, when the bad karma has vacated my vicinity. Sigh... Thanks for reading my rant.

Dragonlady2
11-16-2016, 04:09 PM
Oh my. what is the saying...."this too shall pass". So sorry to hear you are having a rough week. Maybe time for a ladies day at the spa?

kendrafitz
11-16-2016, 04:14 PM
Oh my. what is the saying...."this too shall pass". So sorry to hear you are having a rough week. Maybe time for a ladies day at the spa?
Thanks Helena. And you are right, it will pass. I just need to put my head down and muddle through. But I thought I would rant a bit too. I am the type of girl who is not afraid to complain, after all. ;)

Casper's 2nd best friend
11-16-2016, 04:30 PM
Excellent rant, it does you good.

PlaxMacaws
11-16-2016, 04:31 PM
Here is my gripe....it has been a crappy week. :th_crycry:

1. My son was super sick over the weekend.
2. While we were in DC someone stole our CC number and started making charges. This happens EVERY time we go away. It is taken care of, but really annoying.
3. Went to the Dr. for my regular visit wanting to speak with him about my weight. It just keeps going up and up even though I have doing a god awful smoothie diet. First thing out of his mouth, before I can broach the subject is a sarcastic "are you pregnant?". Ugh. He then tells me I am binge eating (I am not) and wants to put me on medication for that. At least he took a blood test to check my thyroid so maybe he believes me...a little.
4. A friend that I have had for 10 years pretty much dumped me last night bc of issues our kids are having. Thankfully we had drifted apart over the last year or I would be crushed.
5. I found an excellent football training program for my son in a town that is about 10 minutes for us. It is in a gym owned by Kevin Johnson and the program is coached by 5 retired NFL players. I thought it would be a great way for my son to bulk up and improve since he will be playing varsity full time next fall (and it scare the living daylights our of me). My son has flat out refused to even go to the information session and is acting as if I am trying to get him to put spikes under his fingernails.
6. My headstrong Rosie decides it will be fun to eat a dime and fights me tooth and nail over it. Which is never fun considering her beak is the size of my fist. :glitter-omg-emotico:

I am so over this week and it is only Wednesday. I was going to make a hair appointment but I think I will wait until next week, when the bad karma has vacated my vicinity. Sigh... Thanks for reading my rant. 1. I hope he's feeling better.
2. Sorry to hear about this. I HATE thieves!
3. If your thyroid test returns normal, you might consider trying to boost your metabolism. If you can do that, I bet you'll find that it far exceeds the results of any diet you may have pursued. That's because your body will have learned to burn the calories naturally.
4. I empathize with you. I well know what it's like to lose friends over issues of perspective :(
5. Perhaps your son is concerned (secretly or otherwise) about how his participation in the program may be viewed by his peers?
6. Wouldn't that be beak and nail? ;)

Here's to an improvement in your luck, Kendra!

kendrafitz
11-16-2016, 04:49 PM
Excellent rant, it does you good.

AWESOME! Rosie is singing and dancing along to the song. :) And now she is SCREAMING...really.

kendrafitz
11-16-2016, 05:09 PM
1. I hope he's feeling better.
2. Sorry to hear about this. I HATE thieves!
3. If your thyroid test returns normal, you might consider trying to boost your metabolism. If you can do that, I bet you'll find that it far exceeds the results of any diet you may have pursued. That's because your body will have learned to burn the calories naturally.
4. I empathize with you. I well know what it's like to lose friends over issues of perspective :(
5. Perhaps your son is concerned (secretly or otherwise) about how his participation in the program may be viewed by his peers?
6. Wouldn't that be beak and nail? ;)

Here's to an improvement in your luck, Kendra!

Thanks Tony! He is feeling much better and is back in school.

How does one boost their metabolism? I will have to research that. :) I think I am just getting older and my bad eating habits and strict no exercise routine are catching up with me. :(

Thank you for the empathy about the friend. I know you have dealt with losing friends. The thing that annoys me to no end is it is over our 14 year old sons. They are their own people at this point. I do not care one way or the other about what happens with the boys, unless there is a SERIOUS problem. My son handles his friend issues himself, he is too old for me to get involved with petty stuff. So our friendship should not depend on if the boys are friends or not. It's just ridiculous. I have another good friend that I made when my son was in Kindergarten, our boys were best friends. In 3rd grade they decided they didn't like each other. We stayed friends bc we enjoy each others company. We just do things when the boys are at school. Anyway, just like any other kids, they changed their minds and decided in about 7th grade that they liked each other again. So basing your friends on your kids likes is just silly. Oh well, it is what it is.

It is very sweet of you to worry about my son's concerns. In reality, he is an ornery teenager and if I said he couldn't do it, he would be fighting to do it. I don't really think he is worried about what his friends will think. Thank God my kids have their own minds and do what they feel is best, regardless. I do think he is more concerned that the kids going are hardcore players, looking for college and NFL careers. Which actually could be true. He isn't looking for that path. I also think that he has been playing 6 days a week since June and is a bit burned out. Regardless, I just want him to get big enough that he won't get killed on the field, and if he were to improve all the better. So he is going to see a trainer to bulk up over the winter as well as working out at school a couple days both with the football team and lacrosse team. He wants to play LAX this spring for the first time, which is hysterical to me.

Yes, you are right, beak is much more appropriate. LOL. She seems to have forgiven me. While Jean-Pierre's song was playing she started screaming and demanding UP. She then proceeded to try to feed me lunch. So I guess all is forgiven. :)

PlaxMacaws
11-16-2016, 06:28 PM
Thanks Tony! He is feeling much better and is back in school.Good to hear :)

How does one boost their metabolism? I will have to research that. :) I think I am just getting older and my bad eating habits and strict no exercise routine are catching up with me. :(I'm fairly sure that no exercise is a sure way to lower your metabolism, Kendra :(. And bad eating habits won't help it either. Regular exercise is how you would boost your metabolism. Daily cardio -like treadmill or bicycle- and resistance training -like weights and core exercises (e.g., pushups, pull-ups, crunches, etc)- can be very effective at boosting one's metabolism. I'm in my late 50's and used to weigh nearly 200 pounds. So in 2009 I began a daily workout regimen. My excess body weight literally started falling off... and it has not returned. To this day I'm still at just 150 pounds. And all because of the change that I implemented upon my metabolism. If I want, now, I can slack off on my workouts (such as when I haven't got the time or if just want a break for a while). Even if I put my workout sessions on hold for as much as two weeks at a time -I don't often stop for that long though- I never gain back that unwanted weight. And I mean not even a small amount of it! My weight just maintains. Plus -and you might really like this- I can eat as much as I want. I have a huge appetite but it never causes me to gain any of the weight back. And it's all because I conditioned my body to burn calories on its own. So that's it. I should also mention though that everyone isn't the same. So what has worked for me may not work quite as well for others. But then again, a metabolism boost might work wonders for you, too. I'd say it's at least worth a try :)

Thank you for the empathy about the friend. I know you have dealt with losing friends. The thing that annoys me to no end is it is over our 14 year old sons. They are their own people at this point. I do not care one way or the other about what happens with the boys, unless there is a SERIOUS problem. My son handles his friend issues himself, he is too old for me to get involved with petty stuff. So our friendship should not depend on if the boys are friends or not. It's just ridiculous. I have another good friend that I made when my son was in Kindergarten, our boys were best friends. In 3rd grade they decided they didn't like each other. We stayed friends bc we enjoy each others company. We just do things when the boys are at school. Anyway, just like any other kids, they changed their minds and decided in about 7th grade that they liked each other again. So basing your friends on your kids likes is just silly. Oh well, it is what it is.I can't disagree with you on any of the above, Kendra. I don't know the details but based upon your explanation, your ex-friend's decision seems a bit unreasonable :(

It is very sweet of you to worry about my son's concerns. In reality, he is an ornery teenager and if I said he couldn't do it, he would be fighting to do it. I don't really think he is worried about what his friends will think. Thank God my kids have their own minds and do what they feel is best, regardless. I do think he is more concerned that the kids going are hardcore players, looking for college and NFL careers. Which actually could be true. He isn't looking for that path. I also think that he has been playing 6 days a week since June and is a bit burned out. Regardless, I just want him to get big enough that he won't get killed on the field, and if he were to improve all the better. So he is going to see a trainer to bulk up over the winter as well as working out at school a couple days both with the football team and lacrosse team. He wants to play LAX this spring for the first time, which is hysterical to me.Okay. I was just speculating about him possibly being concerned that some of his friends/peers may come out with the attitude: "What's the matter? Can't you cut it on your own like the rest of us?" Peer pressure and anticipation of such can be pretty powerful. Maybe that's not it, though.

Yes, you are right, beak is much more appropriate. LOL. She seems to have forgiven me. While Jean-Pierre's song was playing she started screaming and demanding UP. She then proceeded to try to feed me lunch. So I guess all is forgiven. :)I'm glad for both of you :D

kendrafitz
11-16-2016, 06:50 PM
I'm fairly sure that no exercise is a sure way to lower your metabolism, Kendra :(. And bad eating habits won't help it either. Regular exercise is how you would boost your metabolism. Daily cardio -like treadmill or bicycle- and resistance training -like weights and core exercises (e.g., pushups, pull-ups, crunches, etc)- can be very effective at boosting one's metabolism. I'm in my late 50's and used to weigh nearly 200 pounds. So in 2009 I began a daily workout regimen. My excess body weight literally started falling off... and it has not returned. To this day I'm still at just 150 pounds. And all because of the change that I implemented upon my metabolism. If I want, now, I can slack off on my workouts (such as when I haven't got the time or if just want a break for a while). Even if I put my workout sessions on hold for as much as two weeks at a time -I don't often stop for that long though- I never gain back that unwanted weight. And I mean not even a small amount of it! My weight just maintains. Plus -and you might really like this- I can eat as much as I want. I have a huge appetite but it never causes me to gain any of the weight back. And it's all because I conditioned my body to burn calories on its own. So that's it. I should also mention though that everyone isn't the same. So what has worked for me may not work quite as well for others. But then again, a metabolism boost might work wonders for you, too. I'd say it's at least worth a try :)

Ahhh, yes, the dreaded E word. I was hoping there was another way to boost my metabolism. LOL. You are right though, although I fight doing any exercise as much as I can. I just HATE to be hot and sweat. So ridiculous, but at this point, I may not have any other choice.

As far as my friend goes, there are 3 sides to every story. So I am not judging her so much as I am exasperated by the whole situation. Who knows, if I were her, I might feel the same way.

I see what you are saying about peer pressure. It is very tough and can be ugly. But that isn't what it is. I live in a town where the children are very privileged (my children are not included) and most kids that play sports have their own trainers or extra "camps". So that wouldn't be considered a negative thing, it's the norm here. Plus, he was one of the better players on the freshman team, they called him up to Varsity for most of the season. So no one would give him a hard time. He just doesn't want to do it. I thought it would be cool to have NFL players coaching, but I think he thinks it will be way too hard core. My son is a pretty tough, stubborn cookie. So I guess we will just go with the lifting unless Jef can convince him otherwise. I will just be on pins and needles hoping he doesn't get pummeled on the field next fall.

PlaxMacaws
11-16-2016, 08:03 PM
Ahhh, yes, the dreaded E word. I was hoping there was another way to boost my metabolism. LOL. You are right though, although I fight doing any exercise as much as I can. I just HATE to be hot and sweat. So ridiculous, but at this point, I may not have any other choice.

As far as my friend goes, there are 3 sides to every story. So I am not judging her so much as I am exasperated by the whole situation. Who knows, if I were her, I might feel the same way.

I see what you are saying about peer pressure. It is very tough and can be ugly. But that isn't what it is. I live in a town where the children are very privileged (my children are not included) and most kids that play sports have their own trainers or extra "camps". So that wouldn't be considered a negative thing, it's the norm here. Plus, he was one of the better players on the freshman team, they called him up to Varsity for most of the season. So no one would give him a hard time. He just doesn't want to do it. I thought it would be cool to have NFL players coaching, but I think he thinks it will be way too hard core. My son is a pretty tough, stubborn cookie. So I guess we will just go with the lifting unless Jef can convince him otherwise. I will just be on pins and needles hoping he doesn't get pummeled on the field next fall.Here's an idea... just start working out with your son ;). That would get your metabolism up, I'm sure. Just kidding, of course... I'm guessing that wouldn't work for a number of reasons heh.

kendrafitz
11-16-2016, 08:08 PM
Here's an idea... just start working out with your son ;). That would get your metabolism up, I'm sure. Just kidding, of course... I'm guessing that wouldn't work for a number of reasons heh.

Ha! Unless it was in a boxing ring!!