PDA

View Full Version : Signatures

The Pinkertons
06-04-2016, 05:12 AM
Hello Everyone...

As most of the members here on Precisely Parrots know, Dianne is no longer here. Dianne was the Signature Maker on P.P. , and for that reason, I am stepping up to the plate, and will try my hand at signatures.

Please bare with me while I get the hang of it. There is somewhat of an extensive learning curve to the overlays, and all the other aspects of Photoshop. I will, over time, be compiling a portfolio of samples in this thread, or wherever Tony deems appropriate.

If anyone else has any knowledge in signatures or Photoshop and would like to submit samples of their style for our members to enjoy, that would be great!

This is a complementary offering from members for members

Best regards, Suzanne
:breeders:

The Pinkertons
06-04-2016, 05:20 AM

The Pinkertons
06-04-2016, 08:19 AM

PlaxMacaws
06-04-2016, 04:12 PM
Interesting work, Suzanne. I quite like the GG2 image... and, of course, the Fraknen-Pink one :D. Your MM2 ones look a bit like something I might experience during a nightmare... I can picture those faces with flared crests invasively cackling at me as I'm trying to flee my predicament :th_eek:

The Pinkertons
06-04-2016, 05:00 PM
Interesting work, Suzanne. I quite like the GG2 image... and, of course, the Fraknen-Pink one :D. Your MM2 ones look a bit like something I might experience during a nightmare... I can picture those faces with flared crests invasively cackling at me as I'm trying to flee my predicament :th_eek: That's exactly what I intended for you Tony LOL !... I would say so far my Visionary-Pixel art is a fusion of Macabre / Dutch Still Life :eeeek:

The Pinkertons
06-04-2016, 05:07 PM
That's exactly what I intended for you Tony LOL !... I would say so far my Visionary-Pixel art is a fusion of Macabre / Dutch Still Life :eeeek: Is there anyone out there who would like to take on the heroic task of saving Precisely Parrots Forum, from such gruesome signatures! Anyone !!!

PlaxMacaws
06-04-2016, 05:19 PM
Is there anyone out there who would like to take on the heroic task of saving Precisely Parrots Forum such gruesome signatures! Anyone !!!Haha!

Lady
06-04-2016, 05:26 PM
HAHAHA I think we can win you over to the cute side in due time!

The Pinkertons
06-04-2016, 05:33 PM
Does anyone know where...

I can download background and royalty free images (For Free). I have to compile background images. Right now I'm experimenting with everything.

Constructive Critique is always welcome.

Looking for =

Parrots all Species

Background images

Accent pieces - stones, flowers, butterflies etc...

Things that would be relevant to enhancing the overall signature.

Since I'm winging-it on my own , any input to help with the cause would be greatly appreciated.

:breeders:

Lady
06-04-2016, 05:38 PM
Humm, just did a search on the net and found this....[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

The Pinkertons
06-04-2016, 05:50 PM
Humm, just did a search on the net and found this....[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] Thanks Alice, The more the better .

Also looking for a "free app" that does background erasing...

I need to get some errands done today. I'll check it out later this evening when I have time to study-up, the more info the better.

Whatever anyone can drum-up for me would be great, saves me a lot of time searching. Thanks-Much everyone !

Have a Beautiful Day... :breeders:

Lady
06-04-2016, 06:27 PM

PlaxMacaws
06-04-2016, 06:47 PM
Also looking for a "free app" that does background erasing...With Photoshop you can use the Magic Wand Tool to obliterate background masses. And you can use the Magnetic Lasso Tool to select the perimeter of an object to copy it to your buffer and then paste it against any prepared background of your choice.

Here's an example of such an extraction...

The Pinkertons
06-04-2016, 10:27 PM
Cool thanks

The Pinkertons
06-04-2016, 10:28 PM
Thanks Alice

Lady
06-05-2016, 05:07 PM
How's the practice going The Pinkertons?

The Pinkertons
06-05-2016, 07:47 PM
How's the practice going The Pinkertons? #gripe ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]) why does everything worthwhile have to be a challenge , trying to get some things taken care of and out of the way, before I dig-in to photo editing. It's a big study, that's going to need time devoted to learning.

Lady
06-05-2016, 08:19 PM
Ahh, I hear ya! Take your time, we'll be here. Anxiously waiting to see your talent bloom :toyou:.

The Pinkertons
06-05-2016, 10:18 PM
Ahh, I hear ya! Take your time, we'll be here. Anxiously waiting to see your talent bloom :toyou:.What about you to ! Tony Mentioned that you did some Signature work ? I suppose with your busy schedule it may be hard to find the time.

Lady
06-05-2016, 11:43 PM
Time is something I don't have much of but I am working on it behind the scenes :th_shh:.

The Pinkertons
06-06-2016, 12:20 AM
Awesome :cool:

Maddy
06-06-2016, 04:37 AM
Nice job, Suzanne!

I enjoy making signatures too, they are fun to make!

The Pinkertons
06-06-2016, 04:43 AM
Nice job, Suzanne!

I enjoy making signatures too, they are fun to make!Were looking for Volunteers, Would you consider?

Maddy
06-06-2016, 04:46 AM
Of course! Mine aren't super fancy, but I'm happy to make them for people! :)

The Pinkertons
06-06-2016, 05:03 AM
Of course! Mine aren't super fancy, but I'm happy to make them for people! :) I'm still trying to learn...

Maybe when you have time, post some Samples in Signatures Thread. You can start a thread Signatures by Maddy or however you would like to word it. We need to get the word out .

Maddy
06-06-2016, 07:03 AM
I will get together some examples and post them in a thread tomorrow. :)

The Pinkertons
06-06-2016, 07:11 AM
I will get together some examples and post them in a thread tomorrow. :) OMG MADDY !!!! YAY!!! I love it! :highfive::thankyou::thank you::awesome-smiley-emot

plax
06-06-2016, 02:49 PM
Thanks Maddy. It's much appreciated! :D

The Pinkertons
06-09-2016, 03:40 AM
Here's a sample signature of the newest members of my family/flock

Chipper and Violet= Australian Red Rumped Grass Parakeets

The photo quality is not so good. But I like the 3 dimensional effects. I need good quality pictures to practice with
:eagerness:

mdg1109
06-09-2016, 12:40 PM
So being somewhat computer challenged, can you download Photoshop for free? I would just like to play around but do not want to have to pay any money hahahaha :pinkgrin:

plax
06-09-2016, 07:41 PM
So being somewhat computer challenged, can you download Photoshop for free? I would just like to play around but do not want to have to pay any money hahahaha :pinkgrin:No Michelle. Photoshop costs money. But you can download a comparable (but free) image editing/manipulation app called GIMP, at: [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

mdg1109
06-10-2016, 11:47 AM
No Michelle. Photoshop costs money. But you can download a comparable (but free) image editing/manipulation app called GIMP, at: [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Thank you Tony! I am very computer challenged and I don't want to spend money on something that I might either break or not be able to figure out lol. It is on my to do list to take a Photoshop class I just have to find the time to do it :th_eek:

plax
06-10-2016, 03:14 PM
Thank you Tony! I am very computer challenged and I don't want to spend money on something that I might either break or not be able to figure out lol. It is on my to do list to take a Photoshop class I just have to find the time to do it :th_eek:You're welcome, Michelle. Doing things at your own pace is a great way to learn :D

Lady
06-10-2016, 11:17 PM
I like the three d look too, you'll get there Suzanne!! I have been fooling with pic monkey and it is very limited but so am I :th_wink:.