PDA

View Full Version : We have babies!!!

Mare
05-23-2016, 01:50 PM
Oh my God, oh my God, oh my GOD! It's hard to find both Chip and Jellybean off the eggs at the same time but I've been noticing that when one of them is out, they've been more hungry than normal. Chip being the most aggressive, was out this morning so I popped open the box, moved Jellybean and there are TWO beautiful little babies popping up!! OMG, OMG, OMG!!! :)

wingman
05-23-2016, 03:36 PM
Congrats!!!! Yippie!!!!are you gonna try hand feeding?

Mare
05-23-2016, 03:49 PM
Hi, Charlie! Yes I will start hand feeding at two weeks..is that how you did it with Pumpkin and Boo? I really want some tame 'tiels.

The Pinkertons
05-23-2016, 04:45 PM
:glitter-omg-emotico:th_yah:

Congratulations Chip & Jellybean :4490: :b221:
And to you also Mare

Mare
05-23-2016, 08:16 PM
Thank you, Suzanne! I'll get some pics up, soon. I found this on YouTube, it made me smile! :)

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

The Pinkertons
05-23-2016, 08:23 PM
A[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] sweet. Thanks for sharing , I love the surrogate Mama

PlaxMacaws
05-23-2016, 09:35 PM
Ah cool! Best of congratulations to both parents (and the grandma) :D

Mare
05-23-2016, 11:05 PM
Thanks, Tony! My kids have yet to produce me a grandchild sooo..I'll take what I can get!

kendrafitz
05-24-2016, 12:10 AM
Yayyyy!!!! Congrats!!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Lady
05-24-2016, 05:18 PM
Awesome news! Can't wait to see some pics of the little ones!

:congrats2:

Mare
05-25-2016, 02:41 AM
Thanks everyone! I haven't gotten a photo, yet. It's been hard getting Chip and Jellybean to leave the nest, they are never both off the babies at the same time but this afternoon while Chip was out, I got another peek. There is still only two babies, who are growing quickly..and one egg that hasn't hatched. I wanted to make sure that their crops were being filled by mom and dad and yes, they are. The parents are doing a great job :)

Penny
05-26-2016, 01:18 AM
I hope the happy pair will let us see the little ones soon. Have Amigo and Sassy noticed yet?

Mare
05-26-2016, 02:14 AM
Surprisingly, Amigo and Sassy have been concerned with the little peeps that are emitting from the box! They are the aunt and uncle after all :). I really think they've been considerate of the noise level too..once in a while..

The Pinkertons
05-26-2016, 06:28 AM
Surprisingly, Amigo and Sassy have been concerned with the little peeps that are emitting from the box! They are the aunt and uncle after all :). I really think they've been considerate of the noise level too..once in a while..Mare are you keeping the baby's?

Mare
05-26-2016, 09:07 PM
I'll definitely keep at least one of them, maybe both, Suzanne. My daughter's boyfriend of six years, is a bird person..not that he's ever owned a bird but my birds LOVE him, even Amigo!! When they stay here to house sit for us, Greg spends lots of time with the birds, he's even brought Amigo in from outside to put in his cage for the night. My daughter says she was scared to death for Greg but..there was no problem!

When the 'tiels were setting on the eggs, I asked Greg if he thought he might want one, (if they hatched) and he thinks he might. They visit often and as the babies progress we'll see how it goes :)

The Pinkertons
05-26-2016, 10:35 PM
Oh that's good, you won't have to worry about giong to a good home. If for some reason they/ he no longer can take care of bird , hopefully he can bring baby back to you . :th_smile:

Mare
05-27-2016, 12:13 AM
Oh that's good, you won't have to worry about giong to a good home. If for some reason they/ he no longer can take care of bird , hopefully he can bring baby back to you . :th_smile:

Exactly my thought, Suzanne! :). These kids like to travel, hike/camp, and I'll take the little one back for good or just watch for a night or two, any time :)

wingman
05-27-2016, 01:14 AM
I think it was 2 to 3 before i started hand feeding

Mare
05-27-2016, 03:04 AM
Thanks, Charlie. Did you handle the babies much before that?