PDA

View Full Version : Nash knows lots of tricks!

lolsavannahh
05-18-2016, 01:52 AM
Nash has learned some pretty neat tricks in the past few days! Ever since I started to target train him, he is a real pro! He knows how to spin in a circle on a perch and flat land, how to wave hello with his foot, how to recall to me pretty darn well, how to go somewhere i point to, and how to loop upside down on a rope perch!
I was never expecting such a spazzy little lovebird to be so eager to train, and honestly I am just straight out of ideas for his next tricks! He has mastered these all and can do them on command too! His target training is just paying off so well, and now our bond is better! He is always in a much happier mood whenever we train and whenever we are done as well! Do any of your birds know tricks?

Shyra
05-18-2016, 05:42 PM
I'll be the first to admit I'm guilty of not training my birds like I should. It's interesting to me that so many of the smaller birds enjoy training so much. It's most the budgies and tiels we hear about though not lovebirds. Just goes to show how much they are underestimated. You should post some videos. I'd love to see Nash doing his tricks.

The Pinkertons
05-18-2016, 08:23 PM
Have you seen those Miniature bird trick props...[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]
I think their adorable

Shyra
05-18-2016, 11:35 PM
Have you seen those Miniature bird trick props...[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]
I think their adorable

I have seen most of them but don't think I've seen the scooter before. That is really neat. I wonder if I could get my grey girl to ride one? hmmmm......

kendrafitz
05-19-2016, 12:06 AM
That is awesome!

Rosie does some tricks, but only on her terms. (ie: if she is in the mood) Beep Beep while touching her beak to my nose, high four, eagle bird and show me your belly. The only consistant one is Beep Beep. The rest are touch and go. Have I mentioned Rosie is a very strong willed, opinionated and ornery girl? Lol

She will go and get a stick and bring it to me when we target train.

No super trick talent here. But I think that has more to do with the trainer than Miss Rosie. :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The Pinkertons
05-19-2016, 04:50 AM
I have seen most of them but don't think I've seen the scooter before. That is really neat. I wonder if I could get my grey girl to ride one? hmmmm...... I kinda like the garbage can ... Maybe I can train them to clean up their own mess!

Penny
05-19-2016, 09:13 AM
Kiki preferred conversation to tricks. She would learn games, but pouted when I tried tricks. Sitting on my husbands lap playing farm games on his tablet (apparently you can work a touch screen with a beak) was one of her favorite things to do!

Shyra
05-19-2016, 05:47 PM
Isn't it funny how they like to play those games. When my son lived at home he played tons of video games. When he would play the handheld ones, Harley would sit real close to him and watch the screen. There were times she would make noises like she was cheering him on and others when she'd get annoyed at him for not doing so well. Usually during the latter, she would decide she could do a better job and try to take it away from him. My son just didn't care that she wanted a turn too.

The only thing I've been able to get my birds to do is the flapping of the wings. Gandalf doesn't fly so I try to exercise those wings every day. He will do one wing or two depending but forget about doing anything else for me.

kendrafitz
05-19-2016, 09:09 PM
Shyra - Harley sounds like a funny character. I was giggling picturing the struggle bt your son and Harley over a game.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Shyra
05-19-2016, 09:37 PM
She is a character but it's such a shame she won't do any tricks for me. I blame myself though, I suck at training the dogs too. Funny how none of the animals have any problems training me. :)

kendrafitz
05-19-2016, 09:51 PM
She is a character but it's such a shame she won't do any tricks for me. I blame myself though, I suck at training the dogs too. Funny how none of the animals have any problems training me. :)
I'm right there with you. My dogs and Rosie do not do anything I ask 80% of the time. I call the dogs and they look at me, blink and walk away. Rosie just says No. But in my defense, I once had a dog trainer tell me it's actually not the dogs behavior that is trained, it's the people. My animals know follow through is not my strong suit. They've got me, they have complete free will and have trained me well. :)

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

lolsavannahh
05-19-2016, 10:33 PM
Those tiny tricks seem so cool! I will have to check them out! I love to train my animals, even one of my guinea pigs knows how to spin in a circle on command just like Nash! I would love to see all of your birdies doing their "tricks"!

Penny
05-21-2016, 09:45 AM
So far I seem to be attracted to/ attract pets that are highly teachable, but only somewhat trainable; smart, but highly independent and opinionated.

Mare
05-21-2016, 08:14 PM
Haha! Shyra, I'm pretty well trained, too! :). None of my birds do tricks on command,,maybe Amigo..he does come when I call. I think it's pretty amazing, Savannah, how far you've come with Nash!

lolsavannahh
06-05-2016, 12:37 AM
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

This is Nash doing his spin trick, and then waving hello!!

Lady
06-05-2016, 01:49 AM
Aww~ hello to you Nash. That's a pretty quick spin you got there :D.

The Pinkertons
06-05-2016, 05:31 AM
Even though Nash has been a Brat lately... He' still a sweetie :th_smile: