PDA

View Full Version : some advice for everyone

plax
05-09-2016, 04:32 AM
If/when any of you notice that the text you've entered within the body of a post contains visible (exposed) leading or trailing BBCode tags (e.g., at the beginning something like: and at the ending something like: ), it means that you've overlooked one or more missing opening or closing BBCode tags. Every opening tag must have a counterpart closing tag, and every closing tag must have a counterpart opening tag. When you see one or more of those exposed hanging tags, you should edit your post to insert the tags that are missing. It will not only make your posts look better... it will as well make them easier to read for everyone :D. If you want to see all of a message's tags in editor mode, make sure your editor instance is in 'Source Mode'. The Source Mode switch is the left-most button on the upper toolbar row (it has A/A on it).

Thanks

Casper's 2nd best friend
05-09-2016, 09:22 AM
There must be a keyboard shortcut to source mode in Chrome that opens up a window in the bottom half of the screen, Casper often finds it when he is stomping across the keyboard. I haven't worked out where it is yet.:)

plax
05-10-2016, 01:34 AM
There must be a keyboard shortcut to source mode in Chrome that opens up a window in the bottom half of the screen, Casper often finds it when he is stomping across the keyboard. I haven't worked out where it is yet.:)You won't see the square-bracketed BBCode tags in conventional HTML 'view source' mode. It's best to use the editor button.

Penny
05-12-2016, 05:44 AM
There must be a keyboard shortcut to source mode in Chrome that opens up a window in the bottom half of the screen, Casper often finds it when he is stomping across the keyboard. I haven't worked out where it is yet.:)

Birds are fantastic computer technicians. :magic: The only keyboard shortcut I know of is the Ctrl+U to open source code.

Lady
05-22-2016, 01:49 AM
:eek: I've had this happen to me, I just edit the post by deleting all the source code and let it go as is in plain old black text :th_eek:

plax
05-22-2016, 05:48 AM
:eek: I've had this happen to me, I just edit the post by deleting all the source code and let it go as is in plain old black text :th_eek:That's one way to deal with it. But if you have quoted text, you should be sure to at least leave the opening and closing quote tags so the quote remains defined. Or you can simply add the quote tags back before submission.

Lady
05-22-2016, 09:39 PM
I'm learning, thanks to you :).