Update of how the babies have grown since october 2015

Boo in second pic
Pumpkin in last pic

The Pinkertons
05-09-2016, 04:19 AM
Their Beautiful

spiritbird
05-09-2016, 12:12 PM
Such a cute pair of Lovies. Thanks for the update. How is Rio doing?

Mare
05-09-2016, 07:03 PM
Beauties! Were they born with black beaks that eventually turn orange/red color?

Casper's 2nd best friend
05-09-2016, 09:15 PM
So pretty/handsome (I'm not sure what gender they are) :)

wingman
05-10-2016, 12:54 AM
Yes born with black beaks boo is female pumpkin is male i think! Rio is doing great she is sitting on more eggs...

Lady
05-13-2016, 11:45 PM
Funny,
I just noticed a human face in your signature pic between Rio and Pumpkin & Boo!

They really have grown beautifully. Glad Rio is doing well too.

lala
02-17-2019, 07:58 PM
Hi! I realize this may be futile since the thread is so old, but are these babies peachface and black mask hybrids?? I have one that looks just like them and am so afraid he has and may develop more health issues. I must admit I am actually against hybrids, but when I went to get a second lovie I kind of fell in love with him. These birds are a bit older than Boogie. Do they have any health issues that you are aware of if they are indeed hybrids?
He came to me with a rather severe wing trimming as a baby, but learned to fly after his first molt. His flight feathers grew back after his first mold and he was flying, but after his second molt NONE of his flight feathers on one side grew back. I know the first response is going to be “take him to the vet,” but I live in a very rural area where the closest avian vet is 2 hours away. I don’t want advice, but am more interested in knowing if hybrids tend to have more issues. Thanks in advance!

rivx
02-17-2019, 11:24 PM
I'm no expert on lovebirds nor can I say for sure what type these would be, but I did a quick search and most of what I could find health-wise is that PF hybrids tend to be sterile. I couldn't find reports on other health issues, so that's a good sign, but I can't say for sure. Someone else will chime in. Maybe making a separate thread to help identify him will help?

Dragonlady2
02-18-2019, 01:59 PM
I have no knowledge regarding hybrid lovebirds. Where did you get your birds? Would they be able to answer any questions for you?

Quakerella
02-19-2019, 06:43 PM
I is so difficult to tell what the background may be. The redness in the beak usually means there is fisher genes. Without knowing the parents or the line they are from you may never know.

I have been breeding a pair of Lutino cockatiels going on 6 years. Last fall they gave me a clutch of three. Two were whiteface and one Lutino. For all the years I have had them I have never had a whitefaced Lutino from them. It is not from the parents because I know the parents are all Lutino, so it must be from farther down the line. I have tried to take pictures, but due to the eyes I don't want to use the flash, but without it the pictures are really dark. Will try when the sun is almost at the window.

Casper's 2nd best friend
02-20-2019, 09:15 AM
Very true Rosalyn, my mother had a pedigree dalmation bitch which was mated with another pedigree dog. None of the litter had proper dalmations spots. So much for pedigrees :)

Yes please for the photos :th_cheer::th_cheer: