PDA

View Full Version : A wild Little Corella talking

spiritbird
05-04-2016, 09:40 PM
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Mare
05-04-2016, 10:09 PM
Isn't it amazing how beautiful their feathering is in the wild?!!

The Pinkertons
05-04-2016, 11:46 PM
Its tragic , in Australia they cull the Little Corellas In certain areas, City Officials consider them a nuisance. Same with the Galah , their Numbers are increasing instead of declining, they have adapted well to civilization.

Mare
05-05-2016, 12:10 AM
They ARE still wild. As sad as their situation may be, these guys aren't locked in someone's cage/home.

The Pinkertons
05-05-2016, 12:29 AM
They ARE still wild. As sad as their situation may be, these guys aren't locked in someone's cage/home. Oh I agree... In a perfect world :th_sad7:

The Pinkertons
05-05-2016, 12:37 AM
But yet, if born in an Aviary (Captive Bred) they wouldn't know the difference it's the wild caught that have suffered the most. Our Collective efforts to give them the best possible life as a Companion Bird is the goal of these discussion boards.

spiritbird
05-05-2016, 02:01 AM
There was a program that offered money to shoot them.

The Pinkertons
05-05-2016, 03:06 AM
There was a program that offered money to shoot them. That's correct, They seem to be considered vermin by the locals especially the farmers.

Mare
05-05-2016, 04:02 AM
But yet, if born in an Aviary (Captive Bred) they wouldn't know the difference it's the wild caught that have suffered the most. Our Collective efforts to give them the best possible life as a Companion Bird is the goal of these discussion boards.

Suzanne, I beg to differ. These parrots are not domestic, not like cats and dogs. They are still wild at heart.

The Pinkertons
05-05-2016, 07:07 AM
Suzanne, I beg to differ. These parrots are not domestic, not like cats and dogs. They are still wild at heart.Yes wild at heart, but have not had the imprint of the flock to survive on their own, especially when taken out of their indigenous land . I would describe it more like "they are still birds". Wild horses, they are broke to tame down, yet they are wild at heart, Cats actually are considered a prey animal ... and revert back to their wild ancestry . as feral cats, depending how far removed . even dog have wolf ancestry on some level you can say they are wild at heart.If you think about it every living thing has wild roots including us.

LunaLovebird
05-05-2016, 12:37 PM
Well, they are actually a pest in some areas. [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Not that I agree with culling them - I absolutely don't - but it isn't just farmers who complain about them.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the first photo in that link. I love the sneaky galah in there. I think he might have become lost.

The Pinkertons
05-05-2016, 07:16 PM
Well, they are actually a pest in some areas. [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Not that I agree with culling them - I absolutely don't - but it isn't just farmers who complain about them.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the first photo in that link. I love the sneaky galah in there. I think he might have become lost. True , it is and always will be survival of the fittest. Whether it be natural evolutionary process , or the destruction of habitat by man.

kendrafitz
05-06-2016, 12:55 AM
Found it so interesting that almost none of the bread was dropped. Gobbled right up. Rosie chews food up and then drops it out of her beak 1/2 the time. Don't know if that's a too thing or a wild bird never enough food thing...

spiritbird
05-06-2016, 01:18 AM
Rosie only wants bread you made. She can tell the difference.

The Pinkertons
05-06-2016, 05:43 AM
Found it so interesting that almost none of the bread was dropped. Gobbled right up. Rosie chews food up and then drops it out of her beak 1/2 the time. Don't know if that's a too thing or a wild bird never enough food thing... Spoiled Bird Thing! :giggle:

Lady
05-07-2016, 04:20 PM
I suppose that bird may have learned the words from people who asked it or it's possible it was once someones companion.