PDA

View Full Version : The Impossible Hatch

The Pinkertons
05-02-2016, 11:11 PM
The Impossible Hatch

We hope you are as excited as we are to see the videos of our Blue Throated Macaws hatching. Follow the progress of these amazing, highly endangered parrots. Let us know if you would like to see more updates.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

I am seriously contemplating bringing into the family a Baby Blue Throated Macaw Here is the clutch hatching. One is already spoken for, I'm going to visit them this Sunday, they will be ready to go to their forever home in September.

Mare
05-02-2016, 11:35 PM
Because they are such an endangered species, Suzanne, I'm happy to know that one may be going to you :).

The Pinkertons
05-03-2016, 12:03 AM
They are in their Native Bolivia, because of trapping and clearing the Palms that they habitate for farming. Here in the States not so much thanks to breeding programs .

Pinkbirdy
05-03-2016, 12:14 AM
OMG !!! Love baby Macaws !! Will be your best friend :)

The Pinkertons
05-03-2016, 12:22 AM
Because they are such an endangered species, Suzanne, I'm happy to know that one may be going to you :). That's the statement I going to use on my husband , I 'm planting the seed at the moment . I have to ease my way around this . when I hear comments from him like oh! I like that one, or, the all blue one is better. I,ll tell him the cost of the all blue one (Meaning a Hyacinth) . Then I'll go in for the full on "guess what were getting " tactic. When he asks how much the Blue throat is, it will soften the blow of sticker shock. since their one fourth the cost of a HY. :th_dancing:

Mare
05-03-2016, 12:34 AM
You go! I'm more of a save the needy type..I'll rescue before buy a baby. From what I've read on the Blue throated macaw, they are terribly endangered in their natural habitat, only something like 300 still surviving in the wild?!

The Pinkertons
05-03-2016, 01:17 AM
You go! I'm more of a save the needy type..I'll rescue before buy a baby. From what I've read on the Blue throated macaw, they are terribly endangered in their natural habitat, only something like 300 still surviving in the wild?!
Yes that's true , This Breeder also has birds that need rehoming, I'll learn more when I meet her this Sunday, I may do that instead .

Penny
05-03-2016, 05:51 AM
So cute!