PDA

View Full Version : Travel Cage

bill-e
04-14-2016, 08:45 PM
Camping season is almost upon us and we're planning on bringing Nike with us, along with our dog. I wanted a Kings aluminum travel cage but their new vendor is not up online yet so I bought the Midwest Poquito Avian Hotel ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]) from Amazon.

I'm actually pretty happy with it. Assembly was easy and only one minor part was missing for which I emailed Midwest and it's already in the mail. The finish seems to be an enamel for which they give you a touch up bottle so I wouldn't leave a chewing parrot in this for too long but Nike is fine as she doesn't tear things apart.

She's been on and in it all day, left the door open and she came and went...seems like she will be OK with it.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Mare
04-14-2016, 09:12 PM
Very cool! Where do folks from New Hampshire go for vacation? Are there National Parks you like to go to?

PlaxMacaws
04-14-2016, 09:52 PM
Looks nice :)

Casper's 2nd best friend
04-14-2016, 10:26 PM
That looks good, the King's cages despite being aluminium are VERY heavy.

lolsavannahh
04-15-2016, 12:35 AM
I like how the handle is also a perch! Very creative!

spiritbird
04-15-2016, 02:28 AM
Nike looks comfortable.

mdg1109
04-16-2016, 12:26 AM
Thank you for posting this Bill. We travel to the OBX NC every year for a week and I was trying to figure out how we were going to travel with Charlie. Now I am going to research the companies you mentioned and the travel cages and see if there is something that would work for him.

I was worried we were going to have to dismantle his whole cage and take it with us (not that he isn't worth it :th_smile: )

kendrafitz
04-16-2016, 11:49 AM
Thank you for posting this Bill. We travel to the OBX NC every year for a week and I was trying to figure out how we were going to travel with Charlie. Now I am going to research the companies you mentioned and the travel cages and see if there is something that would work for him.

I was worried we were going to have to dismantle his whole cage and take it with us (not that he isn't worth it :th_smile: )
Michelle - when are you going to OBX this summer? We go every year as well. Normally in August but this year we are going in July.

bill-e
04-17-2016, 11:40 PM
Very cool! Where do folks from New Hampshire go for vacation? Are there National Parks you like to go to?Up till now, we mostly camp at private campgrounds along with my Daughter and grandkids. Now that I'm retired we plan on doing some boondocking so I'm investigating solar for teh camper. We camp mostly in New England though again, in retirement we may expand our horizons..

bill-e
04-17-2016, 11:42 PM
Nike is very comfortable with this cage now as I swapped out her playstand for it. And I have to admit being able to lock her up in the cage while in the living room is pretty nice....gotta convince my wife that we need a daytime cage in the living room ;)

mdg1109
04-18-2016, 12:02 AM
Michelle - when are you going to OBX this summer? We go every year as well. Normally in August but this year we are going in July.

We are going the third week in June and then we are going sometime in August but have not figured out when yet.

Where do you all stay? We stay in Kill Devil Hills.

kendrafitz
04-18-2016, 12:07 AM
We are going the third week in June and then we are going sometime in August but have not figured out when yet.

Where do you all stay? We stay in Kill Devil Hills.
Nice!

We have stayed in Carova (my favorite), Duck and Corolla. Corolla seems to be a good compromise for our group. Far enough from craziness and close proximity to 4x4/horse beach for me and civilization for everyone else. :)

We love it there. It's closer than HHI which is our favorite and just so relaxed and a great bargain. At least compared to the beaches around here. :)