PDA

View Full Version : Wings of compassion

The Pinkertons
03-29-2016, 09:05 PM
LafeberWingsOfCompassion.com

In memory of my Rose Breasted Cockatoo KIWI, my best friend for 30 years you are sorely missed
PASSED SEPTEMBER 2015

Mare
03-29-2016, 09:10 PM
Was this your bird, Suzanne? :(. I'm so, sorry!

mdg1109
03-29-2016, 10:19 PM
Hugs to you I am so sorry :big_hug:

spiritbird
03-29-2016, 11:38 PM
The birds in our lives that have died are always with us. I can just imagine your pain. I lost a little parakeet named Chipper and it still hurts.

Casper's 2nd best friend
03-29-2016, 11:44 PM
Remember the good times and smile.

PlaxMacaws
03-30-2016, 12:28 AM
Such a heartfelt tribute, Suzanne. It's obvious that KIWI was a very special part of your life... a cherished, dearly missed longtime companion :'(. Always keep her near your heart!

Lady
03-30-2016, 02:39 AM
It is most difficult when we know we must live on till we meet our loved ones again. But remembering the special times keeps them with us and alive in our hearts. Sharing those fun times with others can help us heal.

:big_hug: I'm sorry for your loss and pray time will help you rejoice once again in the love you shared.

The Pinkertons
03-30-2016, 04:07 AM
Was this your bird, Suzanne? :(. I'm so, sorry!
Yes Mare, today is the 6 month anniversary of her flying high over rainbow bridge. She was Bentley's my MM2'S "Nanny Bird" he would follow her everywhere, He's only known her all his life, I got Bentley when he was 6months old he 15years now, When KIWI passed he hid in a box for two days. He became withdrawn It was heartbreaking for the both of us, I tried to do everything to get him out of his depression, I don't know if he was picking up on my energy. Having a Companion Bird for thirty years I spent half my life with,has been a struggle to let go. I vowed I would not get any more Birds, as the weeks went by Bentley continued to be withdrawn not a peep out of him . Had him vetted, health wise he was healthy. To see him so depressed and myself, I weakened my resolve
now we have Isabella, Bentley is starting to interact and vocalize once again. Bella came into our life October 31st 2015 she was 6months old. Although she will never replace our Miss Kiwi she has brought Joy back into our life where their was overwhelming sorrow. Wings of Compassion, has given me a sense of belonging and not alone in my sorrow. I wanted to share this wonderful refuge for all who may need a warm and compassionate place to grieve and heal.

The Pinkertons
03-30-2016, 04:12 AM
Thanks Alice, I get waves of sorrow and today has been one of them, I feel a sense belonging Here on P.P. Thank you all for your kindness.

The Pinkertons
03-30-2016, 04:13 AM
Thanks Tony , it's been especially hard for me today

The Pinkertons
03-30-2016, 04:14 AM
It's Hard, I try

The Pinkertons
03-30-2016, 04:18 AM
Hugs to you I am so sorry :big_hug:Thanks, just having a bad of it

kendrafitz
03-30-2016, 12:42 PM
Suzanne - I am so sorry for your profound loss. I can't even imagine. These guys take up such a huge part of our lives and hearts. I'm happy that you did get to share 30 awesome years together.

So happy that Isabella has brought a much needed ray of light into your and Bentley's lives. You are all very lucky to have each other.

Mare
03-30-2016, 05:25 PM
I've yet to lose a bird and KNOW it will send me into a spiral when it happens. My heart sends much feeling, your way, Suzanne.

The Pinkertons
03-30-2016, 08:26 PM
Thanks everyone, I still can't look at pictures of Kiwi without breaking down in tears . Some day i would like to post pictures , but for now ...:'(

Penny
03-31-2016, 03:33 AM
I can relate to the feeling. I still break down out of the blue because I miss Kiki's companionship, and it's been over nine months now.

The Pinkertons
03-31-2016, 04:09 AM
I can relate to the feeling. I still break down out of the blue because I miss Kiki's companionship, and it's been over nine months now.
A creature so small can make such a huge impact in our lives. When people say oh it's just a bird, those kind of people are the ones that reaffirm my preference in keeping company with my animals.

PlaxMacaws
03-31-2016, 07:22 PM
A creature so small can make such a huge impact in our lives. When people say oh it's just a bird, those kind of people are the ones that reaffirm my preference in keeping company with my animals.Amen to both of your comments!