PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix Landing

spiritbird
03-28-2016, 07:22 PM
For those of you that live in Maryland, Virginia, NC area you are lucky. Phoenix Landing is a wonderful organization that takes in needy birds, fosters them and then will re home them If a person qualifies. I was once a foster home for them. Their educational events are so informative. You will find a calendar of events and dates on the web site. The several educational events I have attended usually have tables full of wonder bird items, toys, books and even some food items for sale. I am going to another event in the next coming month which will be held about 20 minutes from where I live. I see on their calendar there is one coming up soon in Rockville Md. [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

The Pinkertons
03-28-2016, 08:40 PM
Dianne, what a great resource link. With support groups such as this, their truly is light at the end of the tunnel for Captive Birds.

Casper's 2nd best friend
03-28-2016, 09:49 PM
We need more organisations like this.

spiritbird
03-28-2016, 10:08 PM
In order for a person to adopt or foster a bird from them you must pass an inspection of your home. Then there are mandatory educational events that must be attended. They are quite strict about this as well they should be.