PDA

View Full Version : Salty, smarty boy..

Albert
03-24-2016, 01:47 AM
So tonite we started color training, Salty and i. I got a set of brightly colored keys, baby teething toys actually. Salty has been playing with them a few days, so he was not frightened or scared of them. I selected the 3 primary color ones, red, yellow and blue. We did a few other tricks first. Then I placed them on his training area, about a foot apart. I picked each one up , held it up to him and named them a few times. And then I asked for the RED key, and I'll be damned if he didn't go to the red key and pick it up. We worked for 5 min on this and he got the colors right about 30% of the time. Not bad for a first timer! We'll work on this more in the coming days, but I was pretty impressed. He is such a smart little bird. I bet he will start to say the colors eventually, he says some of the other tricks he does (circle, shake hands).

lolsavannahh
03-24-2016, 01:53 AM
He's so smart! I love birds!!

spiritbird
03-24-2016, 02:16 AM
That sounds like fun for both of you. When he is right what is his reward?

Mare
03-24-2016, 02:26 AM
Awesome! You GO, Salty!!

Albert
03-24-2016, 03:01 AM
We train with pine nuts, 1/2 a nut per trick.

PlaxMacaws
03-24-2016, 03:52 AM
Good for Salty! That's quite impressive :D

Penny
03-24-2016, 04:58 AM
You might try getting some of the kids shows relating to color and watching with him (Kiki's favorite was Sesame Street). It can help reinforce your one on one lessons.

Casper's 2nd best friend
03-24-2016, 12:44 PM
Salty is a clever bird, this is how well Casper's colour training went
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])
Failed the test ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]) by Jean-Pierre Declemy ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]), on Flickr