PDA

View Full Version : Nash!

lolsavannahh
03-21-2016, 12:59 AM
( Okay so I've decided to just post every Nash photo I want to post on here, on this forum so I don't make a new one every time LOL )

Here's him today eating his veggies and playing around!
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

spiritbird
03-21-2016, 02:31 AM
I love the last one. It is unique and shows off his colors well.

PlaxMacaws
03-21-2016, 03:28 AM
Aww, such a cute little dude :D. Ya know, he's the same colors as his food ;)

Casper's 2nd best friend
03-21-2016, 02:04 PM
He's so cute :)
Keep the pics coming - I love them

The Pinkertons
03-21-2016, 07:51 PM
Sweet baby... So cute

lolsavannahh
03-22-2016, 01:57 AM
Thanks guys!

and Plax, I think he knows too! That's why he loves his greens so much!

Lady
03-22-2016, 02:48 AM
Oh what a handsome guy. I love seeing the pics. You can even create a photo album, but this way we get to see each and every pic as you post them. With an album, I think you have to go and search it out above and see if there is anything new.

lolsavannahh
03-23-2016, 02:56 AM
Thanks guys! and I don't really know how to do that album thing... Could you explain?

Btw, here's a piece of artwork I did of Nash a few months ago!

wingman
03-25-2016, 05:01 AM
NASH knows he has it goin on!

Casper's 2nd best friend
03-25-2016, 10:28 AM
Perhaps we should have an art gallery as well as a photo gallery, a place for us to show off our creative abilities.

lolsavannahh
03-26-2016, 02:42 AM
That would be awesome! I really enjoy doing art of Nash and other birds!

Mare
03-26-2016, 03:22 AM
Savannah, your pics and art of Nash are beautiful! Are lovebirds loud? Not that I want/need one!!..just curious :). I've heard stories that they can be very nippy birds but Nash looks very well adjusted!

Lady
03-26-2016, 03:38 AM
Hi Savannah,
Sorry I haven't been online for a few days to tell you how to make an album. It's real easy. Here is a link where Plax has explained it as well as how to upload the pic to it: [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Love your art work of Nash, it's very creative~

LunaLovebird
03-26-2016, 11:17 AM
Savannah, your pics and art of Nash are beautiful! Are lovebirds loud? Not that I want/need one!!..just curious :). I've heard stories that they can be very nippy birds but Nash looks very well adjusted!

Some people can't handle their high pitch, but they aren't really loud. They can really get going when there are other birds about, but it's nothing compared to the screams of other parrots and it doesn't last long. I personally love their chatter; especially when they're taking naps. Mine will sometimes make little sleepy squeaks to each other when they sleep during the day.

They can be nippy - especially the hens - but they have a very easy to read body language and you can usually avoid the hard bites. The little nibbles and nips don't generally hurt.

lolsavannahh
03-27-2016, 02:28 AM

Lovebirds are the Macaws of the small bird world! They think they're all big and tough so you really do have to watch body language like Luna said! He is loud when he wants to be, and can definately be heard OUTSIDE of our house when he's making contact calls... but it's not very often. He is used to my schedule and whenever I am gone at school my dad says he's very quiet. He never wakes me up at night and goes to bed early like an old man!

They don't have the horrible screech of a conure.. but not the lovely chatter of a cockatiel or budgie either. I'd say somewhere in-between. It's very high pitched though!

mdg1109
03-27-2016, 03:03 AM
Thanks guys!

and Plax, I think he knows too! That's why he loves his greens so much!

He is gorgeous and so cute! I am envious of your artwork, I can barely color inside the lines!

mdg1109
03-27-2016, 03:06 AM
Perhaps we should have an art gallery as well as a photo gallery, a place for us to show off our creative abilities.

As long as there is one for people who are artistically challenged meaning they can barely color inside the lines let alone do something as beautiful as what Savannah did.

Casper's 2nd best friend
03-27-2016, 11:31 AM
Haha perhaps we should have a rule of no critisism, good or bad. Just one picture per post and no text.

lolsavannahh
03-27-2016, 08:55 PM
Wow thank you guys for the compliments! I agree, artwork should have a section as well! That would be super cool!(:

The Pinkertons
03-28-2016, 12:41 AM
Savannah, I like your technique

Maddy
03-28-2016, 01:32 AM
Nash is so cute!

Your artwork of him is gorgeous!

lolsavannahh
03-28-2016, 02:34 AM
Thank you both!

lolsavannahh
04-09-2016, 09:20 PM
Nash's new cage layout!
Here's his old one.....

Since he's been hormonal as crap lately, I've had to remove most all of his toys and his beloved cuddle house too, where he always sleeps.. I bought him a few new toys though so I hope he forgives me.

New cage:

Casper's 2nd best friend
04-09-2016, 09:57 PM
I hope he appreciates all the time, trouble and expense. :)

lolsavannahh
04-12-2016, 01:22 AM
Hope to lighten the mood on this forum tonight by posting this derpy picture of Nash! Birds look so weird from straight on haha!

The Pinkertons
04-12-2016, 01:23 AM
Cute!

The Pinkertons
04-12-2016, 01:26 AM
Nice set-up . Nash is well taken care of.

Casper's 2nd best friend
04-12-2016, 09:30 AM
A lovely portrait. He has such beautiful colours. :)

lolsavannahh
04-12-2016, 08:55 PM
A lovely portrait. He has such beautiful colours. :)

His colors have really changes from when I got him! He's got that ombre from top to bottom with his pink on the face.. and then there's orange on his tail now! He's truly blossoming!

Mare
04-12-2016, 11:54 PM
He's very handsome! :). Would you call him a Peach-face lovebird?

lolsavannahh
04-13-2016, 01:48 AM
Yes, I believe he's just a normal peach-faced lovebird.. not mutation that I can tell as of now but, he is only a young guy! Turns a year old next week!!

LunaLovebird
04-13-2016, 07:30 AM
He's definitely a normal green peach faced lovebird. And a very cute one!

mdg1109
04-13-2016, 07:30 PM
Hope to lighten the mood on this forum tonight by posting this derpy picture of Nash! Birds look so weird from straight on haha!

He is a gorgeous bird. I love when Charlie looks at me like I am crazy, he tilts his head sideways like "what are you doing"....I haven't been able to get a picture of it yet.

Mare
04-13-2016, 08:35 PM
Shall we do a post of "face front/head-on, frontal shots?! That would be. . . a YES?!

Savannah, I love his coloring, he's a beauty :). I think their beaks are bigger than their heads!!

lolsavannahh
04-14-2016, 02:13 AM
Shall we do a post of "face front/head-on, frontal shots?! That would be. . . a YES?!

Savannah, I love his coloring, he's a beauty :). I think their beaks are bigger than their heads!!

haha it would be awesome! I love seeing head-on birds!

and pretty much! His beak is HUGE, but his ego is even bigger! ha!

lolsavannahh
04-17-2016, 02:05 AM

Here's Nash's new set up above his cage.. I would love to add more to it but he doesn't even use what I DO have up there... He's never once set foot on it and always flies straight to the guinea pig cage when he's out.. How can I encourage him to use this amazing place!?

The Pinkertons
04-17-2016, 02:27 AM
Some how attach a food cup where he can climb to . I have the exact same shredding toy, the palm fiber one. They didn't touch it when hanging . Bella likes to play and shred it like a foot toy, she plays with it on the kitchen table. I have a basket full of foot toys she likes to rummage through.

LunaLovebird
04-17-2016, 03:48 AM
I can't remember if Nash is hand tame or not, but you could try moving him onto it and playing with him there if it's not too high. Finding a way to get food up there would be a good idea. Might be tricky though. One thought I had was to stuff a bowl inside a hanging basket and hang it from one of the connections. You will probably still have to show him it's there. Another option is to thread / clip some millet onto it.

lolsavannahh
04-17-2016, 04:27 AM
Nash doesn't use foot toys.. or doesn't know how to.. He's never grabbed anything like that, even food. It's a brand new toy so I hope he uses it, but it usually takes him several weeks to get used to a toy.

He is hand tamed, but also flighted so it's difficult to get him to do something he doesn't want to do. It's not a HUGE deal that he doesn't go up there obviously, but I'd like to see my money go to good use XD He loves rope perches so I thought this would've been the best deal for him but so far no luck.
I will try the food thing and see how it goes, but he only really eats in morning and night anyways so IDK lol.. He's a very difficult bird.

I've actually been doing some target training and getting him up there like that but he just flies right back to me instead of staying and hanging out and stuff. We'll see how it'll be in the long run!

LunaLovebird
04-17-2016, 05:55 AM
Mine don't like foot toys either. Luna will get into some little Casuarina or gumnut pods, and she likes this little nobbly rubber ball thing, but that's it. The most use the actual foot toys get is when she's protesting being kept in her cage and tosses them in her water. Anakin doesn't give a damn about anything that isn't balsa or a finger trap.

Try with the food and see what happens. He might get used to being there and liking it in time. You could also try some bird safe branches with leaves to chew as well. That was how I got Luna to start using her play gym.

Casper's 2nd best friend
04-17-2016, 09:22 AM
Dare I say that it might be "only kid in the park syndrome".

lolsavannahh
04-17-2016, 11:52 PM
Well Jean if you mean by that is that he's lonely without a friend.. I have to say he's sure out of luck XD No wayyy could I get another brid in my life right now. Although I see so many beautiful ones every day, it just would never work out. LOL

lolsavannahh
05-03-2016, 12:44 AM
Nash gave me a very small present today...

Lady
05-07-2016, 05:15 PM
Those are the coolest presents! I want to make a feather wreath when I have enough one day. I've been saving them for a long time. I have made a few ear rings too.

plax
05-07-2016, 07:11 PM
Nash gave me a very small present today...Cool. I notiice Nash is sitting in the background as if to say, "what's the big deal? I have a whole bunch of those things! :th_shrug2:"
:LOVEBIRD:

The Pinkertons
05-07-2016, 10:44 PM
Miniature perfectly formed feather :th_smile:

Mare
05-08-2016, 12:04 AM
Wow..teeny, tiny! Where on his body would that have come from?! It looks the color black..

LunaLovebird
05-08-2016, 12:46 AM
Wow..teeny, tiny! Where on his body would that have come from?! It looks the color black..

Looks like an itty bitty wing feather.

lolsavannahh
05-08-2016, 04:24 AM

I have no clue either! His wings are black.. but it's strange that he has shed one off already since he isn't even finished growing them in!

Mare
05-08-2016, 06:19 AM
His wings are black? Where..?..

Sounds like me saying Amigo's wing's are black.

LunaLovebird
05-08-2016, 11:17 AM
They look the same as some of Luna's little feathers on the upper front part of her wing (if that makes sense), underneath the main feathers a little bit. I always see tiny little ones there of the same shape when she preens.

lolsavannahh
05-08-2016, 02:51 PM

His "wings" aren't black, but his flight feathers are at the ends! So it's probably where they come from like Luna said(:

lolsavannahh
05-31-2016, 05:46 PM
Nash is being really really weird lately! He is aggressive towards me and bites me hard every chance he gets.. I went on a little vacation over the weekend and left him with my dad and he's never been like this! My dad loves him to death and has had parrots his entire life.. they sent lots of pictures of Nash out and about and he knows what's safe and what's not for Nash... but now Nash is different. He is screaming a lot ( he never does that ) and is very aggressive. He is hormonal right now, but this is different.. I feel like I've failed :(

PlaxMacaws
05-31-2016, 05:59 PM
Nash is being really really weird lately! He is aggressive towards me and bites me hard every chance he gets.. I went on a little vacation over the weekend and left him with my dad and he's never been like this! My dad loves him to death and has had parrots his entire life.. they sent lots of pictures of Nash out and about and he knows what's safe and what's not for Nash... but now Nash is different. He is screaming a lot ( he never does that ) and is very aggressive. He is hormonal right now, but this is different.. I feel like I've failed :(Hmm. I wonder if, in addition to his raging hormones, he may resent the fact that you left him for a couple of days and thinks you may continue doing so? Maybe whatever is bothering him will subside in a while. Lets hope that's the case.

The Pinkertons
05-31-2016, 06:13 PM
Even Non-human Creatures have off Days. Don't take it Personally...This to Shall Pass

:breeders:

Mare
05-31-2016, 06:56 PM
Sounds like he's mad at you for leaving him :)

lolsavannahh
06-01-2016, 03:10 AM
I hope not! I don't know whats into him! Not only is he biting to the point of almost drawing blood... but he's also screaming all day! He usually shreds his toys and is a VERY good bird while I'm away.. and I'm even on summer vacation so he gets out 5+ more hours a day.... but still he is a jerk! I had to put him in his cage prematurely today because I couldn't take the flight attacks he was giving me! It's like he doesn't even recognize me!

The Pinkertons
06-01-2016, 03:50 AM
I hope not! I don't know whats into him! Not only is he biting to the point of almost drawing blood... but he's also screaming all day! He usually shreds his toys and is a VERY good bird while I'm away.. and I'm even on summer vacation so he gets out 5+ more hours a day.... but still he is a jerk! I had to put him in his cage prematurely today because I couldn't take the flight attacks he was giving me! It's like he doesn't even recognize me! I don't want to cause alarm , but sometimes an abrupt shift in behavior could signal a potential health issue.

lolsavannahh
06-01-2016, 04:21 AM
:0 I hope not.. I will see if it continues and get to vet on Friday if it is still happening!

lolsavannahh
07-10-2016, 10:36 PM

Here's some updates on Nash and Dory.. Sorry I haven't been very active.
They have been REALLY quiet for the past week and really only talk in the morning and evening... Not even when they're out anymore. Dory is still not tamed, and unfortunately I haven't had much time to work with her as much as I would like to. She isn't super scared or aggressive, but I have yet to pet her, and she has really bad pinfeathers on her neck :0

Dragonlady2
07-10-2016, 11:08 PM
They have such pretty colours. Does Dory go back into her cage readily or do you bribe her with a treat?

lolsavannahh
07-10-2016, 11:41 PM
They have such pretty colours. Does Dory go back into her cage readily or do you bribe her with a treat?

Thank you! Nash's colors have really blossomed since I've gotten him, it's so amazing!
Dory has to be bribed for SURE when going back into her cage.. She is very good at recall once she knows I have a treat in hand, but sometimes she doesn't see it and I have to go close to her. She will jump onto her branch once in the cage though, but only if I first get close to the cage with millet

lolsavannahh
08-08-2016, 01:12 AM

Nash is doing great everyone! Haven't updated on anything lately really.. School started back up, but I get off at 1:30 because I do "work-leave" and so when I don't work I come straight home to my boy and girl! Hope you are all doing okay(:

Mare
08-08-2016, 01:38 AM
I'm loving you photos! :)

Dragonlady2
08-08-2016, 02:47 AM
He's a little ham for the camera. How lucky for you and Nash and Dory that you have these blocks of time from school to spend time with them.

lolsavannahh
11-09-2016, 02:46 AM

wet bird playtime! Ft. Squirt the guinea pig in the background!(:

Dragonlady2
11-09-2016, 10:33 AM
Such a cute pic of him holding the blinds and looking out the window....surveying his kingdom.

kendrafitz
11-09-2016, 02:51 PM
Just gorgeous colors. Is he being a nicer boy to his Mommy now?

lolsavannahh
11-09-2016, 07:28 PM
He is being better about it! We went to the bathroom today to give him a bath and he didn't try to hump the towels which is a plus!! LOL

lolsavannahh
01-09-2017, 07:54 PM

Nash was a very good boy today and we've been hanging out since about 9 AM.. he usually gets aggravating after 2 hours or so but he has just been a complete angel! It's not almost 3 and he's still good, just have him some chop and he is eating all of it happily!

We recently got snow, so I haven't been able to leave the house since my car is stuck in my driveway LOL.. My vacation just got extended another day since there will be no school or work today for me!

Quakerella
01-10-2017, 12:58 AM
Lovely pictures, his is adorable.

Lady
01-12-2017, 03:19 AM
I agree, Nash is a cutie. So wonderful that he has been such a good boy. Nicer that you got an extended vacation to share some more time with him!

lolsavannahh
01-13-2017, 03:16 AM
Thanks I think so too!! Our bond has been even stronger since I have been home(:

Dragonlady2
01-13-2017, 02:07 PM
Nash does have some beautiful colouring. He is probably one happy little birdie now that you are home.:th_smile:

Lady
01-14-2017, 09:48 PM
He is very photogenic, and seems to enjoy having his picture taken.

rachel1967
02-07-2017, 03:51 AM
Nash is adorable! I'm getting my first lovebird on Saturday. It's a peachface.

lolsavannahh
02-08-2017, 03:31 AM
Nash is adorable! I'm getting my first lovebird on Saturday. It's a peachface.

Very exciting! They are lovely if you train them right! As you may already know, they are a big bird in a little birds body.. they really need to know that YOU are the boss.. they will for sure throw you around and not listen to you unless they respect you and you respect them(: Beautiful birds but very loud too, I actually sleep through his screams now it's funny my family always yells about his noise but I can't hear it anymore :P

CharlieMyLovebird
01-14-2023, 08:06 PM
You called your lovebird a him. I have the same lovebird and I thought it was a she. Now I'm confused lol!