PDA

View Full Version : Worried New Bird Mom....

mdg1109
03-18-2016, 06:22 PM
I feel like I have a newborn again (in a good way). I took Charlie to the vet today because I thought he was not gaining weight.

I was worried for nothing thankfully. He has gained weight, his first visit a little over a month ago he was 309 grams and now he is up to 317 grams!

She said we are doing a great job with him and he is perfect....needless to say I am feeling very relieved! :th_biggrin:

spiritbird
03-18-2016, 06:53 PM
Aw glad all is well and you are doing a great job! There are scales just for birds if you want to weigh him in-between vet visits. You can get them with or without a perch. Usually one needs to train a bird to step up on them. When I had my African Grey I had a scale and it worked out well.

Casper's 2nd best friend
03-18-2016, 07:21 PM
When Casper first moved in we had a couple of vet visits like that, then we realised what a tough little critter he is. However, if in doubt, it is always best to visit the vet too soon, rather than too late.

kendrafitz
03-18-2016, 08:38 PM
I was the same way with Rosie. I called the store with worried questions and went to the vet often.

The Pinkertons
03-18-2016, 09:07 PM
Good to know all is well, I'm confident your going to be the best Birdie Mom ever. :swinging_parrot:

mdg1109
03-19-2016, 01:27 AM
I have to say, it is nice being here on PP! Everyone has been so helpful and kind and generous with their information. I am glad to know that I am not the only one that worries!

I like that there is a group like ours with fellow bird enthusiast that I can share with and learn from, whether it be good or bad! :loveit:

The Pinkertons
03-19-2016, 05:08 AM
I have to say, it is nice being here on PP! Everyone has been so helpful and kind and generous with their information. I am glad to know that I am not the only one that worries!

I like that there is a group like ours with fellow bird enthusiast that I can share with and learn from, whether it be good or bad! :loveit:
It's reassuring to know we have each other for support and encouragement :grouphug: :love_heart:

spiritbird
03-19-2016, 01:28 PM
That is the backbone behind bird forums. Well, this one anyway.