PDA

View Full Version : Joking aside...

The Pinkertons
03-14-2016, 09:03 PM
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for being so gracious and embracing with open arms, please bare with me while I get comfortable with this new title "Super Moderator". I am most appreciative of Tony for giving me this opportunity, to assist him on this Forum, in behalf of the Birds we all love, by keeping PRECISLEY PARROTS a proactive and enriching experience for all who seek to enhance the lives' of their beloved companion birds.
Best Regard's too all!
Sincerely, Suzanne

plax
03-14-2016, 09:44 PM
Thank you, Suzanne :). I think you are, and will continue to be a wonderful fit here :D

Casper's 2nd best friend
03-15-2016, 10:45 AM
Suzanne we are very grateful that you are prepared to take on the onerous task of vetting all the drivel we write.
Have a video of Pinkerton's assorted colours (in black and white) as a reward.
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

plax
03-15-2016, 11:29 AM
Suzanne we are very grateful that you are prepared to take on the onerous task of vetting all the drivel we write.
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] from 1966! I guess we now know that Pinkertons rock! Perhaps not as harshly as Pink Floyd or the female singer 'Pink'. But still ;)

The Pinkertons
03-15-2016, 06:28 PM
That's Funny... :giggle:

The Pinkerton's 1966, Here we are...2016! Isn't their a Canadian TV series about Detectives called The Pinkertons also

Casper's 2nd best friend
03-15-2016, 07:55 PM
The show that the Pinkertons were appearing in, introduced by the people surrounded by pets, is called Blue Peter. Its a kids program that has been running since 1958 which I think makes it the longest running kids show ever. :th_wink:

The Pinkertons
03-15-2016, 08:01 PM
Hum...Very interesting , Pray tell :cool:

The show that the Pinkertons were appearing in, introduced by the people surrounded by pets, is called Blue Peter. Its a kids program that has been running since 1958 which I think makes it the longest running kids show ever.

Casper's 2nd best friend
03-15-2016, 10:33 PM
Here we go, its even in Wikipedia
I think its survival is due to the fact that the production team are tuned in to what kids of the day are interested in.

Casper's 2nd best friend
03-15-2016, 10:41 PM
Whilst I am in useless information mode, were you aware of the following?
Pinkerton, founded as the Pinkerton National Detective Agency, is a private security guard and detective agency established in the United States by Allan Pinkerton in 1850 and currently a subsidiary of Securitas AB. Wikipedia

Pinkerton was an emigre Scot.

Ignoring all this random confusion, I think your choice of "the Pinkertons" as a name is brilliant. :)

The Pinkertons
03-16-2016, 05:13 AM
Whilst I am in useless information mode, were you aware of the following?
Pinkerton, founded as the Pinkerton National Detective Agency, is a private security guard and detective agency established in the United States by Allan Pinkerton in 1850 and currently a subsidiary of Securitas AB. Wikipedia

Pinkerton was an emigre Scot.

Ignoring all this random confusion, I think your choice of "the Pinkertons" as a name is brilliant. :)
Thank you for taking an interest in the origin of "The Pinkerton's " you are correct . I thought it was fitting for them being that they are pink!