PDA

View Full Version : Voice Chat available for forum members (non-video, voice only)

plax
05-14-2013, 12:07 AM
For those interested, we've created a Precisely Parrots voice channel on the Zello network. The free Zello application can be installed on any PC, as well as on Android phones, iPhones, and Blackberry devices. Zello is push-to-talk style communications that works anywhere in the world where an Internet connection or cellphone signal exists.

You may download the latest version of Zello here: [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Blackhawk007
05-14-2013, 01:58 AM
Never used Zello before, but I'm up.

plax
05-14-2013, 03:20 AM
Cool! And it seems to be working well for you :)

Blackhawk007
05-14-2013, 03:56 AM
It works much better than I expected. Its also much easier that I thought it would be.

plax
05-14-2013, 04:28 AM
And as you've mentioned, it's free :D

ConureCrazy
05-14-2013, 04:43 AM
I'll try it. :) However, don't have iPhone App Store connection right now?? Grr. I'll tell you when I test it out. :)

ConureCrazy
05-14-2013, 05:02 AM
Okay! Tested it out! It's really cool. My voice seems so low though, but that's my fault, lol. It's higher, I promise, not all brawny. ;) Thanks Plax for assisting. Got to go, but try it if you can guys. :)

plax
05-14-2013, 05:29 AM
Okay! Tested it out! It's really cool. My voice seems so low though, but that's my fault, lol. It's higher, I promise, not all brawny. ;) Thanks Plax for assisting. Got to go, but try it if you can guys. :)Hey Yasmin... your voice sounded fine to me :). No need to be self-conscious! Glad to help.

Honesty
05-14-2013, 07:39 AM
Ha ha.. It seems like we can all chat to each other now :th_chickendance:

keepsmiling
05-14-2013, 08:38 AM
So, everyone can be on at the same time? That sounds so cool. I don't have any way I can do it...I don't think. My pc would have to have skype or something? I do not have a fancy cellphone either..

ConureCrazy
05-14-2013, 01:25 PM
Hey Yasmin... your voice sounded fine to me :). No need to be self-conscious! Glad to help.
Well, it usually is higher, lol. Being on any type of audio thing seems to make my voice lower.. Haha. :p

plax
05-14-2013, 02:38 PM
So, everyone can be on at the same time? That sounds so cool. I don't have any way I can do it...I don't think. My pc would have to have skype or something? I do not have a fancy cellphone either..Yes, everyone can be on simultaneously. And no, you don't need skype. Zello is a light application that will easily install on your pc. All you'll need to use it is a microphone.

ConureCrazy
05-15-2013, 04:31 AM
Okay.. This app is oficially awesome. Tony (Plax), Steve (blackhawk007), and I are the only ones on guys! We're aloooone... :p It's really great, haha.

merlinsmom13
05-15-2013, 12:22 PM
I have to try this after work :D

Honesty
05-15-2013, 05:55 PM
I have to try this after work :D

Hey, Becky..It seems like we may get to chat at long last :th_chickendance:

Narkissios
05-18-2013, 12:22 PM
Signed up and found the room

merlinsmom13
05-18-2013, 08:37 PM
Sorry, I haven't signed up yet. Who knew that having a retired husband would make me so busy.

Honesty
01-14-2014, 03:40 PM
Just a reminder for you all that we have a voice channel on the zello network. It is free to download. Once you have dowloaded zello, just add "Precisely Parrots" to your channels list. This will allow you to chat with any member that is logged in :th_biggrin:

plax
02-28-2015, 03:03 AM
I just want to remind everyone that we still have Zello available. It would be great for group or private voice chats with any other members. It's push-to-talk, meaning that no one hears you until you push the button, and no one hears you once you release the button. This gives full control over what goes out and when. The app is free and it doesn't contain ads or spam. I've used Zello for years (on and off). It works great on both mobile phones and computers. We have a Zello chat channel set up called "Precisely Parrots"... members can hang out in there if they wish and speak or comment at their convenience. Or they can strictly idle and listen to others who may be conversing. You can download Zello at: [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

kendrafitz
02-28-2015, 04:20 AM
I just got the app set up. :)

plax
02-28-2015, 04:33 AM
I just got the app set up. :)Ah great! I noticed you there and both Salsa and I said hello to you. Not sure if you heard it.

kendrafitz
02-28-2015, 04:55 AM
Just had a chat with Tony, Salsa and Zaf. So cool!! Hope to chat with you all soon. :)

kendrafitz
02-28-2015, 04:18 PM
I tried to get the app on my iMac, but it is not offered. :darn: I haven't checked if it is available on the iPad, but I am suspecting not...

plax
02-28-2015, 04:49 PM
I tried to get the app on my iMac, but it is not offered. :darn: I haven't checked if it is available on the iPad, but I am suspecting not...Hmm... that's too bad :(. Since it works on the iPhone, one would think they'd offer it for other Apple devices as well. Especially considering that Zello has been around for 5 years or so now. At least it works on your iPhone (or I'm assuming that's the device upon which you've installed it).

kendrafitz
02-28-2015, 04:54 PM
I have a Samsung Galaxy now. :)

plax
02-28-2015, 05:04 PM
I have a Samsung Galaxy now. :)Oh, I see. Well there's a version for the iPhone. But I sure don't see any versions available for other Apple platforms.

plax
02-28-2015, 05:26 PM
Here's the most recent response from Zello support:

Hello Hansen Car,
Thank you for emailing us. There are no plans to develop an app for Mac. Have you tried any emulators/app players like Wine or Bluestacks?

Best regards,

Bob

December 18, 2014, 18:28

And here's the first reply to that response:

That response is very disappointing. Especially since Zello for Mac is the #1 requested feature, it is marked as "Planned", and Zello Support had said they had hoped to work on it in the future.C'mon Zello, just git 'er done.

December 19, 2014, 00:44

From: [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

kendrafitz
02-28-2015, 08:01 PM
Oh well, I will have to use it on my phone.

plax
03-03-2015, 01:11 AM
Oh well, I will have to use it on my phone.There are versions that will work on a PC, an iPhone, an Android device, a Blackberry, and a Windows Phone 8 device.

plax
03-26-2015, 03:29 AM
Hi everyone... I just thought I'd mention that Kendra and I have enjoyed some nice voice chats on Zello. It has been a bit lonely there for us though since no one else has shown up :anyone:

cdog
03-26-2015, 04:23 AM
I just added it, how does it work?

cdog
03-26-2015, 07:01 AM
Everyone should download this, it's a very cool way to get to know people better. It would also be useful if you need quick advice, you could simply ask someone on the chat and they could reply back as if you were on the phone. I just got done talking with Tony, he's a cool guy(so am I). So far it's just Kendra, Tony, and me. It's a handy app to have....don't you want to talk to us?:th_hehe:

Lady
03-26-2015, 10:49 PM
Ah how nice that you guys have been chatting. Heck my timing is off and can hardly get to text chat with anyone in real time :(.
Are you guys in real time or leaving messages?

cdog
03-26-2015, 10:51 PM
It's real time, basically like a phone call or walkie talkie. One person says something, then the other replies.

plax
03-27-2015, 04:16 AM
It would be really nice to expand our Zello group :D

kendrafitz
03-27-2015, 12:47 PM
I will try to get on tonight.

Just a thought. Zello is not video, so should we change the heading or start a new thread? I have a feeling people would be more interested knowing it is not video. Lord knows at the end of the day when I am in my holey sweats I would not be interested in video chat!!

plax
03-27-2015, 04:51 PM
Good thought, Kendra. I've added it to the thread description.

plax
08-08-2015, 04:31 AM
Just a reminder... there is still voice chat available. I've been dealing with too many complications in my personal life to be on there much lately. But it can be a fun thing :D

Lady
08-08-2015, 07:04 PM
I went to u tube to see a demo, it seems like a walkie talkie type of app but what I don't want is having to use email and remembering another password. It doesn't mean I won't try it out one day tho.

I have noticed more chatting in the shout box lately which I am enjoying :).

spiritbird
05-14-2016, 11:42 AM
I clicked on the link and got nothing.

plax
05-14-2016, 02:14 PM
I clicked on the link and got nothing.The link works... I've just checked it. It's [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] and it takes a while to load the page sometimes.

Lady
05-16-2016, 03:02 AM
Oy, it worked for me too :).

kendrafitz
05-18-2016, 10:39 AM
Ohh, that could be fun. If anyone wants to do it let me know. I will get Rosie and we will chat away. She loves going in my son's room bc he is always video chatting with groups of friends. We kick him out and take over. She loves to see herself and all the teens talking. :) We get booted by my son fairly quickly so we would love to talk to our friends!!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

kendrafitz
05-19-2016, 10:07 PM
Anyone????? Rosie is dying to chat with her buddies

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

The Pinkertons
05-19-2016, 10:20 PM
I have to down load the app. I'm away from my computer right now when I get some time to fiddle around with the app , I'll give it a try

Lady
05-21-2016, 10:18 PM
Zello isn't video chat is it? I thought it was more like a walkie talkie?

plax
05-21-2016, 10:24 PM
Zello isn't video chat is it? I thought it was more like a walkie talkie?No. You are correct... it's walkie-talkie style voice chat (also called "push-to-talk").

kendrafitz
05-21-2016, 11:08 PM
I got confused, sorry about that. ;)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Lady
06-18-2017, 03:56 PM
So once you download Zello can you use it right away? Can it be used on a pc rather than a phone?

plax
06-18-2017, 07:17 PM
So once you download Zello can you use it right away? Can it be used on a pc rather than a phone?Yes, there is a PC version. And the app can be used to communicate right after registering a username.

Lady
06-18-2017, 07:57 PM
Oh cool.....well could you tell me why next to your user name on zello it says awaiting authorization?

plax
06-18-2017, 08:49 PM
Oh cool.....well could you tell me why next to your user name on zello it says awaiting authorization?It means that you've requested my presence on your friends list but that I've not loaded Zello in a very long time, so haven't noticed your request yet ;). I'll go check.

Lady
06-18-2017, 11:15 PM
Oh, ok, I see you are now on standby. Lady was being loud so I tried to put her on....then it said.....you have sent to many.......LOL.

As soon as I purchase some memory for my android I will check it out on the phone.

plax
06-19-2017, 02:51 AM
Oh, ok, I see you are now on standby. Lady was being loud so I tried to put her on....then it said.....you have sent to many.......LOL.

As soon as I purchase some memory for my android I will check it out on the phone.It's been so long since I've used Zello. I sent you a voice message and when I went to play it back it only produced the last portion. So I sent two subsequent messages and they both did the same thing. But after a few minutes each of the messages played back in their entirety. All this seems to mean is that we can't listen to the full messages we've sent right after transmitting them. And that's no big issue at all. Not sure why it happens, though.

I found no messages from you waiting for me. We can try it again when you have some time if you like.

Lady
06-20-2017, 12:27 AM
Sounds like a plan. I deleted the messages I was trying to send, I wasn't sure if you could even make out what I was saying. I was trying to get Lady to say hi, or something and when I played it back it to was bits and pieces. I'll be getting that memory this week for my android :th_smile:.

plax
06-20-2017, 12:59 AM
Sounds like a plan. I deleted the messages I was trying to send, I wasn't sure if you could even make out what I was saying. I was trying to get Lady to say hi, or something and when I played it back it to was bits and pieces. I'll be getting that memory this week for my android :th_smile:.Okay.

Quakerella
06-21-2017, 02:26 AM
This is the first time I have heard of this. I will also download the app and give it a try. Sounds like it might be fun.:pinkgrin:

plax
06-21-2017, 07:13 AM
This is the first time I have heard of this. I will also download the app and give it a try. Sounds like it might be fun.:pinkgrin:Sounds good, Rosalyn. Let us know if you have questions.

kendrafitz
06-21-2017, 11:18 PM
I haven't used Zello in forever. But since you are all using it I installed it on my phone. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lady
06-22-2017, 01:25 AM
Oh great!!!! I'm glad that there seems to be a renewed interest. I'm excited and hope we can all find time to connect. It seems like it will be fun! Now I'm really syked to get that memory :th_biggrin:.

I figured out how to listen to the messages you left Tony. It was real easy. :happy-feet:

Lady
06-24-2017, 04:54 AM
Guess what plax I finally got my memory and zello on my android. I couldn't remember my password and it kept telling me the email was wrong so I couldn't get the same info of both the phone and the pc. The new name is the same with a #2 after the original :). I will be deleting the one on the pc.

So I am once again waiting for your presence :pinkgrin:.

Hope the others join soon~

plax
06-24-2017, 07:54 AM
Okay Alice. I've accepted your new user account. Kendra is back on Zello as well. I've not noticed anyone else there yet. It's possible that Helena and/or Rosalyn have been on (in the PP channel or otherwise)... I'm not sure. It's hard to know since time has been a bit scarce for me lately.

Lady
06-27-2017, 10:03 PM
Great, now if life will just give me some free time I'll get to send a message! Hope Rosalyn and Helena find the time to check it out as well.

Lady
07-22-2017, 06:16 PM
Gee looks like we need more Zello users. I'm still trying to figure out how it works but don't seem to be on when others are :(. I did see that we can also text which I really like :).

Lady
07-22-2017, 08:04 PM
Where are you Rosalyn?? Kendra, I've tried to add you but you have to accept it :). What about you Helena, want to try it? Tony, you've been on standby for days, lol. Today would be a good day for me if anyone has the time.
Sure would be nice to learn how this works. Did I mention that we can text too?

kendrafitz
07-24-2017, 10:04 PM
Where are you Rosalyn?? Kendra, I've tried to add you but you have to accept it :). What about you Helena, want to try it? Tony, you've been on standby for days, lol. Today would be a good day for me if anyone has the time.
Sure would be nice to learn how this works. Did I mention that we can text too?

I don't see a request? I sent you one

plax
07-25-2017, 01:14 AM
Sure would be nice to learn how this works. Did I mention that we can text too?Alice: I listened to your recent messages and responded to them via voice transmission. If you tap on my username and then tap on the clock icon you should see my replies and be able to listen to them. In one of those replies I commented on your text message. Since you've not yet responded, I'm assuming you've been unaware of my replies.

I'm assuming you all know that private one-on-one chat sessions aren't the only option on Zello. Users who join the Precisely Parrots channel will hear, and can communicate with, all others in the channel.

Lady
07-26-2017, 11:56 PM
Cool, this is exciting!!! I've been so very busy at work then when I get home dinner, time with my Lady and Hubby, shower and off to bed I go. Tomorrow and Friday I should feel some relief and get some time to check out your request kendrafitz

:pinkgrin:

I will look into your text and voice transmission too plax

:th_biggrin:

Quakerella
07-27-2017, 12:04 AM
So sorry, but time is just not on my side right now. Still nurturing the hip, feeding the babies, taking care of mom and to top it all off relatives have arrived from Britain. I will. I promise, after everything settles down.:th_biggrin:

plax
07-27-2017, 12:29 AM
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

:th_biggrin:Each of my replies were in voice. But in one of them I acknowledged your text message.

Dragonlady2
07-27-2017, 01:27 PM
To be honest, this is way over my head...I will have to investigate it further.

Dragonlady2
07-27-2017, 01:38 PM
So, I have Zello uploaded, now I just have to figure out how you use it...lol

plax
07-27-2017, 03:24 PM
So, I have Zello uploaded, now I just have to figure out how you use it...lolIt may seem daunting at first but it's fairly simple. It's just like a walkie-talkie with some added features. After you create an account, you can add people you know as contacts. Once each of them has approved your request, you can connect with them privately for voice chats and more. If you don't request/approve someone as a contact, you can still interact with them in the public channals. Our public channel there is called Precisely Parrots.

Dragonlady2
07-28-2017, 01:41 AM
Interesting. I added PP as a channel. I will check it out some more.

Lady
07-28-2017, 11:30 PM
Add me add me :pinkgrin: Lady Illiger 2

plax
07-29-2017, 12:00 AM
Add me add me :pinkgrin: Lady Illiger 2I think that's wrong, Alice. Your Lady Illiger account is shown as last active on 6/18. It's your Lady account that has been most recently active. Your last messages to me from your Lady account were on 7/22. However, you've still not replied to my responses to those messages. If I remember correctly, you lost the login information for your Lady Illiger account in July so created the Lady account. Perhaps there's something in need of resolution there?

Lady
07-29-2017, 12:10 AM
Okay, maybe I'm still confused about Zello. I did hear your messages although I haven't replied. But when I sign into it on my android at the top I see Lady Illiger 2. But I also see KendraFitz there and it says awaiting authorization but Kendra doesn't see it and I don't see the new one she sent me. I deleted the first account from my pc because I created the new one on the cell. The first if I'm not mistaken was Lady Illiger, the one I sent the messages to you were on my cell, Lady Illiger 2.

plax
07-29-2017, 12:17 AM
Okay, maybe I'm still confused about Zello. I did hear your messages although I haven't replied. But when I sign into it on my android at the top I see Lady Illiger 2. But I also see KendraFitz there and it says awaiting authorization but Kendra doesn't see it and I don't see the new one she sent me.There's a RECENTS tab and a CONTACTS tab. Are you referring to the names appearing within the lists under either of those tabs? Or are you referring to the username above those tabs at the very top of the screen on the left next to the Zello icon?

Lady
07-29-2017, 12:18 AM
The username above on the left atop of the screen.

plax
07-29-2017, 12:18 AM
There's a RECENTS tab and a CONTACTS tab. Are you referring to the names appearing within the lists under either of those tabs? Or are you referring to the username above those tabs at the very top of the screen on the left next to the Zello icon?Maybe "Lady Illiger 2" is your account name for the new account and not your username?

plax
07-29-2017, 12:19 AM
The username above on the left atop of the screen.Your active username simply shows as "Lady" for me.

Lady
07-29-2017, 12:23 AM
And yours shows PlaxMacaws for me.

Lady
07-29-2017, 12:25 AM
Your active username simply shows as "Lady" for me.

Maybe because I put a space between Lady and Illiger that all that shows is Lady?

plax
07-29-2017, 12:33 AM
Maybe because I put a space between Lady and Illiger that all that shows is Lady?Hmm, that shouldn't happen because your original "Lady Illiger" account has a space between the words and it displays just that way.

A possibility: There's a provision in Zello to rename someone's contact. It's possible, although I don't remember doing it, that for your account I changed your contact name to make it agree with your PP username, i.e., Lady. I can't rule that out. My memory sucks at times ;). If I did that it's clearly all on me :th_eek:

Lady
07-29-2017, 12:36 AM
As long as we can connect on Zello, which we obviously can I'm happy. Now if I can just figure out what is going on with getting Kendra on my list!

plax
07-29-2017, 12:39 AM
As long as we can connect on Zello, which we obviously can I'm happy. Now if I can just figure out what is going on with getting Kendra on my list!Not sure. She hasn't been on here much lately either.

kendrafitz
07-29-2017, 12:44 AM
Sorry, things have been crazy here. I will check in to Zello now

Lady
07-29-2017, 01:55 AM
Oh you guys should really check out P.P. Zello channel. I got to hear Plax and Kendra chatting tonight :th_tease:. Then I got to chat with Kendra :th_yah:!!!! It took me a few minutes to get the hang of it and missed the chance to talk with Plax this time. But Kendra gave me some advice and we got to chatting in no time!!!