PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Avian Veterinarians

spiritbird
03-05-2016, 10:46 PM
At one time I had a wonderful little budgie named Chipper. I was taking him to an avian vet with many years experience. We tried all the known treatments available for Avian Gastric Yeast but Chipper continued to deteriorate. It was Tony who suggested Dr. Brian Spear. I emailed Dr. Spear and lo and behold the next day I got a response. He suggested Chipper be put on a pain medication because this AGY can cause a great deal of GI pain. I took that suggestion back to my vet and he did follow through and Chipper appeared less stressed. [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]
(his e mail address)

I am hoping other members will add to this thread about your experiences with an Awesome Avian Vet. It could be a good resource for us to read about others.
Please include contact information.

The Pinkertons
03-05-2016, 11:41 PM
Dr. Attlia Molnar
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Attila Molnar, DVM, Diplomat ABVP, Certified in Avian Practice

Dr. Molnar hails from Transylvania, Romania. As a child fascinated with animals, Dr. Molnar spent much of his free time chasing after snakes and lizards as well as breeding parakeets. In 1990 he realized his dream of becoming a veterinarian, graduating from the Institute of Veterinary Medicine of Budapest. Subsequently, he came to the United States and earned his veterinary degree from the University of Iowa. Since then, Dr. Molnar has worked continuously to advance his knowledge in the veterinary sciences, developing an interest in small animal internal medicine, and later expanding his skills to pursue and achieve board certification in avian medicine.

Dr. Molnar is above all passionate about animals, to which any friend or client can attest, with a lifelong goal of helping to protect threatened avian species in North America and abroad. In order to realize this goal, Dr. Molnar is involved in various conservation efforts, including those related to the Lear’s Macaw, California Condor, and New Zealand Kea and Kakapo.

In his rare free time, Dr. Molnar enjoys travel, photography, Brazilian jiu-jitsu and world politics. He shares his home with his son A.J. and a small herd of animals including snakes, birds, lizards, turtles, dogs, and his red male beta-fish named Paprika.