PDA

View Full Version : Hello

max and eddie
05-13-2013, 07:45 PM
Hello my name is Denise and I am the proud owner of two parrots. I have an African grey named Eddie and he/she has been with us for about 4 years {from a baby). Eddie is definitely a lady's bird and despite my husbands best efforts, Eddie just wants to bite him. However I can cuddle and baby my grey and he has never once bit me. Eddie is very intelligent and can say numerous things, however his favourite (at min!!) is POTATO in the style of Keith Lemon!!! He is also my second pair of eyes as if the kids have made a mess I can ask him and he will tell me who did it !!!! He is also a great mimic and has mastered the art of making the phone ringing noise as soon as I sit on the loo !!!! My second parrot is a blue and gold macaw called maxi that has been with us for about 6 weeks. Maxi has already started talking and says Hello and come on then and Ouch. Maxi was about 14 months when we purchased him/her and is definitely a gentle giant .

Nice to meet you all

Denise, Maxi and Eddie xx

Honesty
05-13-2013, 07:48 PM
Hello Denise and :pp_welcome: Thankyou for joining us :)

We would love to see some pics of Max and Eddie:)

roxynoodle
05-13-2013, 09:01 PM
Hello, Denise and welcome!

Turquoise
05-14-2013, 07:27 AM
Welcome to the forum Denise. And a big welcome to Eddie & Maxi as well.:th_greet13:

I love what you wrote about Eddie snitching on your 'featherless' kids. That is just too cute! Maxi sounds adorable, but I will warn you that B&Gs tend to be the clowns of the macaw world. They are like monkeys with wings. I have a half B&G and he is every bit a clown with an impish side & a cynical laugh to go along with it all. I look forward to hearing more about Eddie & Maxi and of course photos of them. :th_biggrin:

keepsmiling
05-14-2013, 08:30 AM
Hello Denise,welcome to the forum!:th_welcome2:

plax
05-14-2013, 02:26 PM
It's great to have you here, Denise :)

Blackhawk007
05-15-2013, 02:08 PM
Hello Denise, welcome to the community!
I have a similar issue with my Amazon. He loves me but just wants to bite everyone else. That's actually why I got him from the rescue. Him having 1 friend is much better than having none.

DQ IT
05-15-2013, 02:29 PM
Welcome, Denise! Your grey Eddie sounds awesome! Reminds me of my first grey, Pogo, that would yell at the cat "Scully!" (her name) if she was throwing up. Lol.