PDA

View Full Version : Billy and Lucy

Sucre
02-24-2016, 12:48 AM
Billy belongs to my husband - a 4 month old black capped conure. So far he's a real sweetheart, very well hand tamed, rather than just hand fed. He sticks to my husband like glue, so the bond is there.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] psyvuvvw01.jpg ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] psyvuvvw01.jpg.html)

Lucy is my baby - a 5 week old yellow sided GCC who is determined that she needs to be fed every time she hears my voice. She's a great little eater, the easiest I have ever hand fed. And, she loves her lamb. I think she is going to be a real beauty once she feathers up good, but you have to admit that fluffy little butt is pretty cute. She has quite a bit of blue on her wings, yellow and orange on her tummy, the slightest bit of red on her cheeks and red tail feathers.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] sshhgjlbv.jpg ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] sshhgjlbv.jpg.html)

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] pswf0vecm4.jpg ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] pswf0vecm4.jpg.html)

Thanks for looking! Quite the change from a rowdy cockatoo with murder in his eyes, but we love them.

kendrafitz
02-24-2016, 01:50 AM
So sweet. Love that Lucy cuddles with her lamb.

spiritbird
02-24-2016, 01:54 AM
How precious. I am so envious because my birds are untouchable.

Lady
02-26-2016, 02:27 AM
Ohhh how sweet they both look. What a wonderful couple of little cuties! Every time someone post a baby pic that mommy feeling comes creeping in my heart!

Maddy
02-26-2016, 09:58 PM
Billy is very handsome, and Lucy is SO ADORABLE! :)

Sucre
02-27-2016, 02:20 AM
Thanks, everyone. It's nice to be able to watch them grow. I can't wait until Lucy is old enough to join Billy in the big bird cage.

I don't think she's ever going to sample seed / millet. She loves her hand feedings too much!

Dianne, your babies aren't tame? We've raised all of ours from the time they were down to at least 2 hand feedings a day, but it really takes a lot of work to keep them that way once they are weaned. My parrotlet is a little flighty, but does enjoy human contact. She'll nip you for the first 2 or 3 minutes and then she's a love bug. My lovebirds are getting back on the wild side a bit, we lost so much time with them dealing with Sucre (the rabid cockatoo). I'm working with them individually again, but one of them is so jealous of any time that I spend with the others that sometimes I think about just letting them go wild and do their thing - they have each other. The conures are great, but Billy is just 4 months old and Lucy is only 6 weeks.