PDA

View Full Version : San Jose: Wild parrots making themselves at home

spiritbird
02-20-2016, 01:34 PM
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] It would be fun to see flocks of wild parrots in the trees. Especially when they are in the US.

Casper's 2nd best friend
02-20-2016, 03:36 PM
I heard that a lady who let her African Grey free fly somewhere in England received a "request" to stop because members of the public were annoying the authorities by frequently reporting an escaped bird. I hope she ignored them. :th_smile:

Mare
02-20-2016, 04:11 PM
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] It would be fun to see flocks of wild parrots in the trees. Especially when they are in the US.

I've heard of the wild flocks over in San Francisco area. I'll definitely go check these guys out next time I'm over that way!

Mare
02-20-2016, 04:17 PM
I heard that a lady who let her African Grey free fly somewhere in England received a "request" to stop because members of the public were annoying the authorities by frequently reporting an escaped bird. I hope she ignored them. :th_smile:

I hope she ignored them, too! :). I knew of a lady that had a flock of around 11-12 cockatoos, she lived up near Sacramento, CA, she let them fly freely everyday and once in awhile a neighbor would call and say come get your birds, they are eating my wooden picnic table or trim on house..etc. I understand she's moved to Oregon, still flys her birds and now giving classes on this!

spiritbird
02-20-2016, 06:34 PM
San Fran does have wild parrots that have been there a long time. Some type of Conure I believe. That where the name "Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill came from.