PDA

View Full Version : My birds cages

BirdWhisperer
02-17-2016, 02:33 PM
I've been poked fun of for this but Carlos is in a flight cage, BUT he does not chew or try to break any bars. I couldn't fit a big barred cage at the time. Jazzy is in a big barred cage they found one for her that was smaller to fit in my car. :P

I don't know how to add photos from my cell to here, I will add them from laptop later. :3

So yes flight cages can hold amazons contrary to popular opinions giggles. Carlos just uses the bars to climb, as for jazzy she is so young I doubt she'd try but we still put her in a stronger barred cage because even though she's close in size to Carlos her beak is sharper and a tad bigger.

Lady
02-17-2016, 02:48 PM
I think whatever works for the bird works! As long as they are safe (both the cage and the bird) and have plenty of room.

BirdWhisperer
02-17-2016, 02:51 PM
I think whatever works for the bird works! As long as they are safe (both the cage and the bird) and have plenty of room.

Thanks I take them out each 1 at a time to stretch themselves out and walk around. I buy them loads of toys, I plan to buy more I liked online. I want to stock up on toys for them. I bought Carlos this colorful ant toy made from wood and it's his favorite. Right now jazzy doesn't know what to do with all of her toys. :p

Lady
02-17-2016, 02:54 PM
I get much pleasure watching Lady play. She can be so funny attacking the sisal rope and carrying around a foot toy from place to place.

BirdWhisperer
02-17-2016, 03:17 PM
That's too cute. Sometimes Carlos goes crazy bobbing his head around , rapidly dilating his eyes, and fanning his tail around its funny but I worry he will lose his balance. :P

Mare
02-17-2016, 04:42 PM
What does Carlos think of Jazzy? My U2's have fairly large cages but not large enough to fly in. I use rope perches in a way so's they can climb from top to bottom. They like to climb :)

Lady
02-17-2016, 05:12 PM
Kristin, have you ever considered a platform perch? I always wanted one for Lady just so she could stand flat on her feet if she wanted. Here is a link to some from I got a Woody bird toy site. I don't care much for the cork ones b/c Lady would chew right through them in a short time. She loves to chew.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

BirdWhisperer
02-19-2016, 03:18 AM
What does Carlos think of Jazzy? My U2's have fairly large cages but not large enough to fly in. I use rope perches in a way so's they can climb from top to bottom. They like to climb :)

They're still in quarantine they haven't met yet hehe. And Carlos had a Dna test and well Carlos is a girl so I renamed her Ruby hehe.

Ruby can't climb too well, but jazzy sure can but she's still timid about her play top she don't like it up there as of yet. :)

Kristin, have you ever considered a platform perch? I always wanted one for Lady just so she could stand flat on her feet if she wanted. Here is a link to some from I got a Woody bird toy site. I don't care much for the cork ones b/c Lady would chew right through them in a short time. She loves to chew.

I will click that now because I don't know what that is and now I'm curious hehe. Thanks. :)

Sorry all for the late reply.

I will post my cages up now.

BirdWhisperer
02-19-2016, 03:22 AM
This is jazzys cage

This is Rubys cage, please look over the bags and stuff all that is supplies hehe. Eventually after quarantine I can move jazzys cage in this hardwood floor room.

spiritbird
02-19-2016, 03:53 AM
A great place to buy safe and well constructed bird toys is TNT. All of my birds toys are from there. Jen makes them and she has lots of birds herself. Just Google TNT bird toys.

Lady
02-19-2016, 03:56 AM
Looks like they have plenty of room, at least until you open those bags with all those goodies :).

BirdWhisperer
02-19-2016, 04:50 AM
A great place to buy safe and well constructed bird toys is TNT. All of my birds toys are from there. Jen makes them and she has lots of birds herself. Just Google TNT bird toys.

The website that makes the metal toys? :) I'll google that, I been tabbing up toys i want for them hehe.

Looks like they have plenty of room, at least until you open those bags with all those goodies :).

True true. I want to buy them toys for holidays and stuff hehe. I'm storing up.