PDA

View Full Version : Hello all~

Penny
01-30-2016, 10:21 AM
Nice to meet everyone. My Sun Conure Kiki was the inspiration for my online store, and I plan on having another parrot in the future, but we recently moved cross country, so I'm having to wait a bit while we settle in.

Casper's 2nd best friend
01-30-2016, 12:14 PM
Hi Penny, where is Kiki now?

spiritbird
01-30-2016, 01:47 PM
Welcome Penny, happy to have you and Kiki with us. I believe Fort Collins is in Colorado, right? My daughter lives in Carbondale which is near Aspen. Beautiful country.
How did the move go for you both? I saw your store and the things you make are very nice. I especially love the bird toys and T shirts. You can check with Tony and be a sponsored vendor here if you wish.

Lady
01-30-2016, 07:58 PM
Hi Penny and Kiki~

:pp_welcome: Kiki sure is pretty. Hope you enjoy the forum as much as I do. There are wonderful folks here who are always willing to share experiences as well as help out when anyone has questions.

kendrafitz
01-31-2016, 03:23 AM
Hi Penny and welcome!

Penny
01-31-2016, 03:37 AM
Kiki passed away in June, just before we decided to move here. She was only 9, but the necropsy revealed an abnormality in her kidney that shortened her life. I can't quite manage not having her in my life, so I made her memory what I do. I think about what she would like when I am making each design. That's why I don't use any plastic in my pieces, she didn't like it. It makes it a little easier, especially when I get to see and hear about other happy birds. My family and I are loving it here in Colorado, it really is beautiful!

Casper's 2nd best friend
01-31-2016, 10:38 AM
So sorry to hear about Kiki, I have never met one but Sun Conures look to be full of sunshine and happiness because of their coloration. It must have been a devastating loss so it is nice that you have turned your website into a memorial for her. Welcome to the forum, we try and help people when we can and just generally chat anything parrot so do join in. :th_smile:

Penny
02-01-2016, 05:12 AM
She was full of sunshine, made my whole family laugh every single day. Still manages to make me laugh most days just thinking about her.

wingman
02-02-2016, 11:38 AM
Hello and Welcome!

PlaxMacaws
02-03-2016, 08:02 PM
Hi Penny. Welcome to PP.

94lt1
02-04-2016, 01:44 AM
Kiki passed away in June, just before we decided to move here. She was only 9, but the necropsy revealed an abnormality in her kidney that shortened her life. I can't quite manage not having her in my life, so I made her memory what I do. I think about what she would like when I am making each design. That's why I don't use any plastic in my pieces, she didn't like it. It makes it a little easier, especially when I get to see and hear about other happy birds. My family and I are loving it here in Colorado, it really is beautiful!
I'm from Montana.. So I know the beauty of the mountains..sorry to hear about your sun conure..and good luck with your next fid ..glad to have you here..