PDA

View Full Version : Best poi for me?

B1n
01-27-2016, 01:18 AM
All my research has led me to these fantastic birds, and I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction as far as this group goes.
My number 1 priority is the bird being freindly to strangers. I want to be able to have people over and be able to show them my bird without it freaking out, and I would like it If people could hold it too
I also want it to make me laugh and play with me out of the cage a lot, and ride on my shoulder when I go places.
Last I want to make sure I don't get a bird that will suddenly decide to hate me for no reason.
Thanks!

Lady
01-30-2016, 09:04 PM
Poi??? Got a pic or some article that you have been researching to share?

B1n
01-31-2016, 01:31 AM
What do you mean by that

Lady
02-04-2016, 03:22 AM
I'm confused.... the title of the thread says Best POI.... what is Poi? Point of Interest? The Hawaiian dish? You say...you've written all your research has lead you to these fantastic birds...... What birds? I know of no species called poi. What am I missing here? Sorry~

PlaxMacaws
02-04-2016, 03:36 AM
I'm confused.... the title of the thread says Best POI.... what is Poi? Point of Interest? The Hawaiian dish? You say...you've written all your research has lead you to these fantastic birds...... What birds? I know of no species called poi. What am I missing here? Sorry~Alice, if I may offer a hint... Please look at the first 3 letters in the title of this subforum category :). Myers Parrots, Senegal Parrots, Cape Parrots, Jardine's Parrots, and Red-bellied Parrots belong to the Poicephalus species group.

Lady
02-04-2016, 03:50 AM
Ah Tony, that was to easy~ Guess sometimes the obvious just isn't, to me :) thanks!

PlaxMacaws
02-04-2016, 04:02 AM
Ah Tony, that was to easy~ Guess sometimes the obvious just isn't, to me :) thanks!I miss obvious things too at times, Alice... I think we all do. And the common names of each poicephalus species are more frequently used and more widely known. In any case, it's all good :D

spiritbird
02-04-2016, 01:39 PM
I thought it was a fish! [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

B1n
02-09-2016, 03:17 PM
Yup, sorry for abreviating,
so can anyone tell me about the different personnalities of these birds?
Are senegals SHy?

spiritbird
02-09-2016, 05:59 PM
Sorry I know very little about a Senegal except they are active and cute. As a group the Meyers and Senegal are African birds that are generally on the quiet side but there are always exceptions. Did you read the web page I gave you in the link?