PDA

View Full Version : Need advice

wingman
12-11-2015, 01:36 AM
What is a good diet pellet for Bird all around nutrition? Brand name etc.....

spiritbird
12-11-2015, 02:20 AM
I have been alternating between Harrison's high potency extra fine and Roudybusy nibbles. They are both small enough for tiny birds like ours. I may stop the R soon because I like the ingredients of H better. When both of my birds are over one year of age I will just feed the regular H instead of high potency. I mix them with Goldenfeast blends and Dr. Harvey's parakeet blend. This too has awesome ingredients. Does this help?

wingman
12-11-2015, 12:46 PM
thank you Dianne i had some samples of cranberry and tropical fruit fron roudy that is finely chopped for the babies i also put in a honey infused seed treat which Pumpkin has been hitting. ancient egyptions used honey to kill bactria should help as anti bactrial from inside out...

Robyn
12-11-2015, 01:07 PM
I just switched my birds from Zupreem to Harrisons

spiritbird
12-11-2015, 01:53 PM
I do not feed any honey to my birds. Once you have had a bird die from again gastric yeast you become very weary of sweet coated seeds.

wingman
12-11-2015, 02:31 PM
sorry to hear that, yeast is a fungus nothing seems to kill fungus... [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

terrible stuff......

Cedardave
12-12-2015, 12:08 AM
We use roudybush and add lots of fresh fruit and vegetables for our birds.They were on harrissons for a long time,but I find the roudybush equally as good.Keep in mind whatever pellet you feed...they are never found in the wild,so fruits and vegetables are very important to add to any birds diet.I would stay away from any pellet that is colorful and claims to be fruit flavored...it ,in my opinion, amounts to candy for birds.

kendrafitz
12-12-2015, 01:27 AM
We use the blend made by Bird Paradise. Pellets with dried fruits, veggies and nuts.

spiritbird
12-12-2015, 01:47 AM
That must be a great bird store. What's it like?

Stephen12
10-26-2017, 10:10 AM
I prefer Lafeber and Lafeber brands. Been using the for more than 2 years now. Amazing variety and quality.