PDA

View Full Version : Nice Gift For Growing Greens For Your Birds

spiritbird
11-30-2015, 10:00 PM
I would love to have one of these but even on cyber sale today the cost is too high. Thought some of you may be interested.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Lady
12-02-2015, 03:38 AM
Oh that is nice, but yes a bit pricey even on sale. I have no luck getting herbs to grow indoors due to low lighting with the awnings. This would be nice to have, and doesn't look like it would take up to much room.

spiritbird
12-02-2015, 04:32 AM
Lighting would not be a problem.

Casper's 2nd best friend
12-02-2015, 05:12 PM
Our kitchen window sill has pots of fresh herbs that we buy in the supermarket, you just keep picking and occasionally watering. No special equipment needed.
That LED thingy is a needless solution to a problem that never existed.

kendrafitz
12-03-2015, 11:52 AM
I actually have one. Walmart had it priced ridiculously low online this spring. I have a feeling it was a price error. One of my bargain sites posted it. Shortly after i ordered, the price went up again. Anyway, we like it.

spiritbird
12-03-2015, 02:03 PM
Glad you like it. Not everyone has a windows enough where they can grow plants.

Casper's 2nd best friend
12-03-2015, 05:01 PM
Glad you like it. Not everyone has a windows enough where they can grow plants.

That's true, our kitchen is north facing with small windows so not much natural light and the Easter cacti get pole position. The pots of herbs we get are quite cheap and often just get shunted around the work-tops as space permits. They have been known to come sailing with us.

Kendra, your mission, should you wish to accept it, is to try some herbs with LED and some without so you can let us know whether to invest. :th_smile:

kendrafitz
12-03-2015, 10:14 PM
Well, I had rosemary planted outside in pots this summer. Grew really well. It is still thriving out there.

My basil in the aerogrow grows like crazy. But...the plants are only good for about 6 months. Then the start to die off.

The aerogrow is cool bc the plants grow in water. You put a small pod that has a tiny bit of soil in and the roots grow into the water. I get such a kick out of that. Also, I will be growing cherry tomatoes next round. So being able to eat homegrown tomatoes in the frigid northeast in the winter is pretty cool. ;)