PDA

View Full Version : Chuman Here!

chuman
11-29-2015, 03:38 PM
Hello there, my name is Chuman, or you can call me Benji, either is fine.

I'm currently the proud owner of two parakeets (one is currently in quarantine as he was a black friday purchase). My partner and I are looking into getting two quaker parrots to add to our family sometime next year, and so I thought this would be the perfect place to get some extra information and tips. :)

I live in Ohio, and I am 24. I also have a cat and a dog, and my partner has a variety of reptiles.

Casper's 2nd best friend
11-29-2015, 05:13 PM
Hi Chuman
Welcome to the forum. We love to see pictures if you get time. :th_smile:
I don't know how your parakeets arrived with you but perhaps you could consider getting your next birds from rescue, most rescue centres are overwhelmed with birds that need rehoming.

wingman
11-29-2015, 06:48 PM
Welcome to the forum! Glad you are here!

Albert
11-30-2015, 01:48 AM
Welcome. You will find so many nice people here. Knowlageable, too. Not such great spellars, lol..

Al and SALTY

kendrafitz
11-30-2015, 11:30 PM
Hi and welcome!!

spiritbird
12-01-2015, 12:17 AM
Glad to meet you Benji. I had English budgies for a few years. The males really like to talk, especially if you give them a mirror. I am one of those people who believe no living animal should be in a pet store for sale. FYI in some states it is not legal to sell or keep Quaker parrots. As a flock they can damage some crops. Thanks for joining.

Lady
12-02-2015, 03:15 AM
:th_hi: :pp_welcome:
So nice to meet you. What are the names of your parakeets? Oh yes, we would surely love to see some pics when you get a chance.
How exciting to get a new fid. I'm sure they are calling and getting to know one another while the newest is still in quarantine.
Spiritbird is right about some states outlawing the Monk Parakeet but I read on Wikipedia that... " In Ohio, owning one is legal if the bird's wings are clipped or it is incapable of free flight".
Something to keep in mind for when that day comes.