PDA

View Full Version : a newbie has arrived!!

eileen
11-26-2015, 03:10 AM
hi!! i'm Eileen, i have one parrot, a timneh parrot named peter. [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] i'll put some pictures of him in my post. we just recently got him from my grandmother (who already owns a lovebird and a macaw.) we used to have an african grey as well but he recently passed this october. i've been trying to make him less fearful/aggressive than he is because he's generally more inclined to bite you than tolerate you, so hopefully i can get some worthwhile advice here! i'm also planning to get a smaller bird such as a lovebird before i go to college (i'll be staying in town.) as for hobbies...... well, i horseback ride, i play clarinet pretty well (i plan to major in music education,) and i do a little graphic design and a lot of photography (does nto reflect in below images which i tooka couple minutes ago LMFAO)

anyways, here are some pics of peter!! he doesnt like to stay still haha
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

94lt1
11-26-2015, 04:06 AM
hi!! i'm Eileen, i have one parrot, a timneh parrot named peter. [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] i'll put some pictures of him in my post. we just recently got him from my grandmother (who already owns a lovebird and a macaw.) we used to have an african grey as well but he recently passed this october. i've been trying to make him less fearful/aggressive than he is because he's generally more inclined to bite you than tolerate you, so hopefully i can get some worthwhile advice here! i'm also planning to get a smaller bird such as a lovebird before i go to college (i'll be staying in town.) as for hobbies...... well, i horseback ride, i play clarinet pretty well (i plan to major in music education,) and i do a little graphic design and a lot of photography (does nto reflect in below images which i tooka couple minutes ago LMFAO)

anyways, here are some pics of peter!! he doesnt like to stay still haha
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]
Hello and welcome..happy thanksgiving if you're in America..and if not..please dknt bake a parrot..LOL..jk..:)

wingman
11-26-2015, 04:54 AM
Hi Eileen and Welcome . We are glad to have you join us!!!

kendrafitz
11-26-2015, 11:18 AM
Hi Eileen and Peter and welcome!!! I don't have any experience with African Grey's but am quite enamored with them. Can't wait to read all about the two of you!!

spiritbird
11-26-2015, 01:56 PM
Hello Eileen and we are happy you've joined us. I used to have a Timmie and love greys in general. My best advice to you is to try and start over with Peter. He will appreciate your soft words, gentleness and nurturing. Try not to move quickly around him, including your hands. Make sure not to put anything new in his cage until he is used to it. As you most likely know greys are easily frightened by something or someone new in the environment. Is he flighted? What is his diet? I would not get a new bird until Peter is totally comfortable and used to you. Best of luck and please feel free to ask any question.

Merrick
11-27-2015, 01:46 PM
Welcome Eileen and Peter!!

Casper's 2nd best friend
11-27-2015, 03:51 PM
Hi Eileen
Does Peter like it when you play the clarinet? I can imagine him standing on the end whilst you are trying to play, with him pressing the levers and changing the notes.
Casper's appreciation of jazz clarinet has got as far as mimicking middle C and that's it.

Lady
11-28-2015, 09:03 PM
:th_welcomesign: Eileen and Peter!

Thank you for joining P.P. and showing us pics of Peter. I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your other Gray. Have you had parrots in your family for a long time? How cool that your Grandmom has parrots and such a variety too!
We have only one bird since our little budgie passed about three years ago. We had him before we got our current parrot. Sometimes I want to get another for company for Lady but I just haven't decided what type or when, we'll see.
Looking forward to learning more about you and Peter.