PDA

View Full Version : Moose and Slick

Pinkbirdy
11-23-2015, 03:28 PM
Quite the names :) after losing my Blue and Gold and Catalina last year. I decided to get a baby Blue and Gold from a breeder down in Florida. Moose came to us in August at 4 months . So we have been having fun with his baby stages :) He will go to everyone [even took him to work . I put a harness on him and took him to my daughters soccer games. He gets excited like a dog when he sees the harness :) fun guy!!I feel my flock is finally complete. Ive taken on screamers ,biters and pluckers and we are in a good place.Now people know that I have birds their calling me to take in their problem birds . I had 3 calls last month and had to say no. I was irritated because they were so put out like its my responsibility. As I was thinking this is my new motto I got a text from a lady whose cousin is not taking care of his Macaw and she was begging me to take it. Now macaws to me are a different story .So I went and got "Slick" a Scarlet macaw yesterday . Always up for a challenge [from what you here about Scarlets :)].The guy had only had the bird a 1 1/2 yrs [hes 6]. hes lived on a rope. I think they wanted this bird to be male [but never had him sexed ] . So we will see :) I try to keep their names ,but I dont think I can live with Slick!! I have Boomer and Dingo [that drives me nuts :) Ill try to post a picture of my GW Ruby . I was able to get her in a Harness this summer and take her too to soccer games. Which is a big deal shes 14 and I wasnt able to touch her 2 yrs ago. Shes funny she like to sing to the music in the car :) [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

Pinkbirdy
11-23-2015, 03:30 PM
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

Pinkbirdy
11-23-2015, 03:32 PM
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

kendrafitz
11-23-2015, 04:08 PM
They are all beautiful!! You are a good soul Terri.

I am jealous that you can get Ruby in s harness. Rosie shakes the minute she sees hers, it is a no go. :(

wingman
11-23-2015, 10:14 PM
Beautiful fids! Brilliant colors!!!

spiritbird
11-23-2015, 10:22 PM
Macs are just too big for me. They would know I am intimidated by their size.

Mare
11-24-2015, 02:03 AM
Hi, Terri!! Good to hear from you! :). Moose is a beauty, a new young one..wow! Nice that he let's you hook him up to join in the fun outside. I know the feeling of folks wanting to "dump" their unwanted bird on you :(. It breaks my heart that folks go into this with so little knowledge and then, not have the "will" to back it up.

Pinkbirdy
11-24-2015, 11:56 AM

Lady
11-25-2015, 02:03 AM
Wow, how beautiful they all are. Sure sounds like you are having a great time with them too!