PDA

View Full Version : Glues

Merrick
11-22-2015, 08:28 PM
I was thinking of using carpenter's wood glue to attach tree limbs to make a playstand and t-swing is it safe to use?

What glues are safe for birds?

spiritbird
11-22-2015, 09:55 PM
I have seen this question on other bird forums and the answers were to use the glue away from the birds or in a work shop. No glue is safe to use around birds that I know of.

Casper's 2nd best friend
11-22-2015, 10:10 PM
I use ProLoc 247. Its a solvent free polyurethane heavy duty adhesive. Does contain Diphenylmethane 4,4-diisocyanate which is a foaming agent and presumably evaporates off in the curing process. So use it somewhere else (away from parrots), preferably well ventilated for your own benefit. Clean off any excess glue so that it should be safe between the two things you are sticking together which are unlikely to come apart.
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]
Expensive for a reason.

Merrick
11-24-2015, 03:06 AM
I use ProLoc 247. Its a solvent free polyurethane heavy duty adhesive. Does contain Diphenylmethane 4,4-diisocyanate which is a foaming agent and presumably evaporates off in the curing process. So use it somewhere else (away from parrots), preferably well ventilated for your own benefit. Clean off any excess glue so that it should be safe between the two things you are sticking together which are unlikely to come apart.
[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]
Expensive for a reason.
Thanks