PDA

View Full Version : Transporting Your Macaw to the Vets

weimerheimer
05-09-2013, 05:00 PM
How do you guys transport your Macaws to the Vets?

I've taken mine in past in a HUGE pet carrier/crate, but I can only ever take one bird at a time that way. I've had occassion where I needed to take multiple Macaws (for check ups) and had to take more than one trip due to space limitiations.

Any suggestions?

keepsmiling
05-09-2013, 06:44 PM
I use collapsible 'bird' crates. They come with a perch and cups. I only have one macaw, but do have seven birds, so all of my seven crates have to fit in a chevy cavalier. Luckily the back seat goes down. If there was an emergency, add to that a big dog, a bunny, and one husband.:th_LOL:
Seriously though, you should have a crate for each of your birds in case of an emergency.{vet visit, storms, extended power outages, fire, etc}

jtbirds
05-09-2013, 08:22 PM
I do have a crate per bird as well and suggest that, for the macaws the crates Carole is talking about are great! As well I like the crystal flight carriers they are very easy to pack. There is really no easy way about it may have to make multiple visits.....

Blackhawk007
05-09-2013, 11:13 PM
This is what I used.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

jtbirds
05-10-2013, 12:27 AM
What Blackhawks posted is a crystal flight carrier as I had mentioned:), great carriers but slightly pricey...