PDA

View Full Version : New member

Goofybird5
10-27-2015, 05:18 PM
Hi everyone! Im new here and have no clue what im doing. Ive tried to edit my profile and it wont let me or i dont know how. I am a proud owner if a B&G named (Goofy)that is (6) and the newest is an adopted Scarlet (16) named Rainbow! Rainbow is a tough nut to crack and would appreciate some advice. She doesnt like women but adores my husband. She will let me bring her outside to the play area ( when she is ready) but other than that she is very skidish and bites often. I need advice on earning her trust and advice on the two birds being able to be together. Im scared of a fight or injury to one of them. Please help Also I dont know how to share pictures in the posts or for a profile picture

spiritbird
10-27-2015, 05:57 PM
Hi there and welcome to PP. We have several Macaw members who will advise you when you ask. Myself, I am a little bird person. In the forum you will find threads as to how to do things on this forum. If you want to upload a photo of your bird from your computer click on the little square at the top of this box next to the red X. Make sure you highlight the place that pops up saying from your computer then you browse for the image in your picture folder. Most of us have signatures just below our typing. I usually make them for a member from one of your photos as long as it is of good quality and clear. I can do that for you if you want.

As for other things you would like to do on the forum go to the dark line just below Forum Index to click on forum actions. When that window pops up on the left side of the screen you will see where you can do many things like edit your profile and insert an avatar photo. You will get the hang of it.

Here are some links to the helpful threads: how to create an album and upload photos to it ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

How to post Pics and Insert Signatures ([Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks])

wingman
10-27-2015, 10:22 PM
Hi and Welcome! Glad you are here!!!!

tropics1989
10-28-2015, 02:35 PM
Hello and welcome! Look forward to your posts

Goofybird5
10-28-2015, 03:08 PM
Thank you for your help Spiritbird. I am logging on the site from a smartphone as I do not have a computer at this time. I will check out what you have told me so far! I hope to meet many fellow bird lovers and have enjoyed the pics and info thus far! Thanks again for the warm welcome!😋🐦

Lady
10-29-2015, 01:46 AM
Hi Goofybird,
:pp_welcome: It will be great to see the pics of Goofy and Rainbow when you post them!

kendrafitz
10-30-2015, 01:52 AM
Hi Goofybird5 and welcome!! Looking forward to reading all about you all.

Mare
10-30-2015, 03:25 AM
Hello Goofybird! Welcome! Birds are definitely hard nuts to crack! :). Their trust comes with time..lot's of time, sometimes. Be prepared for them NEVER being able to be together. I know, personally, this is true. In a perfect world..maybe :). Anyways..welcome to our forum and we look forward to some photos and adventures!