PDA

View Full Version : About red bellies?

Cpara
10-26-2015, 10:21 AM
I've heard that they're good talkers,are they cuddly?Are they quiet?

Lady
10-29-2015, 02:46 AM
I read that they are difficult to keep in captivity.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Cpara
12-06-2015, 04:11 PM
I read that they are difficult to keep in captivity.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]
I'm talking about the poicephalus red belly.:)

Lady
12-08-2015, 02:37 AM
Well when I did a search this is the information I have found: [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] Hope it helps.

Cpara
12-09-2015, 01:29 AM
Well when I did a search this is the information I have found: [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks] Hope it helps.Thanks,lol I forgot about this post.

pkevinb
02-15-2016, 11:38 AM
Cpara, I have an 8 year old Red Bellied Who is just a wonderful bird He is a good talker and has a very clear voice. For the most part he is quiet other than when he is calling for me. At about 3 yrs. old we had a rough year where he was biting me all the time, and his bite draws blood and is very painful. From what I have read this biting phase is common and I realized what was occurring. We got through that and he is just a wonderful bird. Imani just loves to have his head scratched and will lift my finger to get me to scratch his head. I have never had a more intelligent bird and he has a larger parrot personality in a small size.

Cpara
02-15-2016, 04:37 PM
Cpara, I have an 8 year old Red Bellied Who is just a wonderful bird He is a good talker and has a very clear voice. For the most part he is quiet other than when he is calling for me. At about 3 yrs. old we had a rough year where he was biting me all the time, and his bite draws blood and is very painful. From what I have read this biting phase is common and I realized what was occurring. We got through that and he is just a wonderful bird. Imani just loves to have his head scratched and will lift my finger to get me to scratch his head. I have never had a more intelligent bird and he has a larger parrot personality in a small size.
Thanks!Imani sounds great!You guys must have so much fun together!