PDA

View Full Version : Rope Perches

Merrick
10-19-2015, 09:23 PM
Do parrots need them, are they safe? Any thoughts on them

Mare
10-19-2015, 11:40 PM
I think my birds love their rope perches. Amigo loves to chew on them but he also loves to perch for the night on them. They don't hold up for very long under an Umbrella Cockatoo's chew but he loves the comfort of them under his feet. Same goes for the Sassy goffins, she will choose that perch over others in her cage. I just bought a cockatiel sized rope perch and I find our little Jellybean there quite often :)

Casper's 2nd best friend
10-20-2015, 09:30 AM
Casper likes his sisal or whatever type natural rope perches. We did try one of the multi-coloured cotton ones which he had great fun wrecking but we were worried about him ingesting the fibres so it had to go. He chooses not to chew on the natural type.

Lady
10-21-2015, 03:30 AM
Lady seems to like hers quite well. She doesn't or hasn't picked at it as of yet so I'm hoping she will keep it till I clean it to death lol!

colbon2
12-04-2015, 05:19 AM
all my birds seem to love them and the boing perches the most

wingman
12-04-2015, 11:45 AM
I will have to try one sometime right now I have the natural wood limb perches which the lovies like, it also make a more natural look to the cage. nothing like a bird sitting on a tree branch singing his little feathers off....

spiritbird
12-04-2015, 10:26 PM
Rope perches are great but as said they do not stand up to a birds beak, even my little birds destroy them. I was them in a dishwasher one in a while because they do get dirty. I prefer to get perches from Rick who makes them by hand along with many other quality bird items. [Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]