PDA

View Full Version : Cage made from Old Refrigerator

King Parrot
10-16-2015, 04:54 AM
I have an old fridge which is out of order since an year.

Can i make it cage for my parrot

Any suggestion

How i can alter the body of fridge into the cage

Please help me with drawing if you can

Thanks

spiritbird
10-16-2015, 12:13 PM
Photos would be helpful. You would have to check for any toxic metals first I guess.

Merrick
10-16-2015, 01:11 PM
I have an old fridge which is out of order since an year.

Can i make it cage for my parrot

Any suggestion

How i can alter the body of fridge into the cage

Please help me with drawing if you can

Thanks
It would be very hard to do. parrots need great ventilation it would be better to make one out of safe plastic fencing and untreated pine lumber

Macaw Lover
10-17-2015, 04:07 PM
A refrigerator is not something that would be suitable for any bird after a conversion. The bird would only have one side to see out of, places to hang toys and perches on are not available and the poor bird would only be able to see out of the one side and not climb around which is a normal behavior for a bird.

Please, don't try to repurpose it for a bird.

tropics1989
10-28-2015, 04:06 PM
You know you can take the refrigerator to your local refrigerant facility and they may pay you money for it. Or you can call dte and they have a program where they pick it up for free and pay you for it. Or you can sell it on Craigslist. Or you can call in a local scrapping place and they pick it up usually for free. A macaw cage I would not refurbish it to be that because of the coolant and refrigerant even if it was cleaned out those materials the fridge is made of is not bird safe and a vet visit because your bird knawed on the refrigerator would not be pleasant I'm sure.