PDA

View Full Version : This, SOOO cracks me up!!

Mare
10-14-2015, 10:14 PM
Today was an off day for me, semi-bored, the house and cages are clean, I had nowhere I had to be so I popped onto a parrot forum that I haven't visited in a few years, "The Parrotforum" to be precise. I got a chuckle out of the message that I was confronted with...

..You have been banned for the following reasons: Referring members to PP!!!! (The exclamation points are for real) Date the ban will be lifted: Never..

Seriously??! I haven't visited this site in eons and how petty of them to ban me :). I AM bannable but they don't truly know that! All is well, I just thought it laughable :)

Thennnnnn..I got on AvianAvenue, this is a forum I was actually "formally" banned from for being who I am, and what a bunch of "haters" we have going there! Seriously, I don't miss any of them, the forum hierarchy that is, I do miss some of the members but feel so fortunate to live here with you PP members. :)

Mare
10-15-2015, 12:13 AM
Come on, people..tell me what you think, don't be afraid. I'm not judgemental in the least. Most folks think I'm out in left field, I guess. Anyways..I'm happy to be a part of this forum :)

spiritbird
10-15-2015, 12:15 AM
When I was a parrot forum mod we were instructed to ban FOREVER. Did not matters what the infraction was. I am still on AA and also have some good friends. There's is quite a bit of parrot knowledge and a huge membership. Feathers get ruffled as on most forums. Not much ruffling here. Seems once you are bird forum banned there is no forgiveness .

Lady
10-15-2015, 12:27 AM
I must agree with you Mare, I too am so very happy to be a part of this forum! :pp_rocks:

Mare
10-15-2015, 12:56 AM
I thank you for your frankness, Dianne. I'm sure you were witness to my episodes with Amigo then. I send no apologies and wouldn't change even one chapter in our lives..I just wish I wasn't so forthcoming with my knowledge!!

Alice, I'm also really happy to be here :)

I've been tempted to jump back into AA, under an alias, just to moderate!! Sometimes people need help from the attackers. I'm afraid I would be detected by the vampires!!

spiritbird
10-15-2015, 02:59 AM
I truly do not remember you or AMIGO on PF. Some of the same members still post but not many. Hey I like aliases.

Mare
10-15-2015, 03:06 AM
I was officially banned from AA, not PF..not till I just now noticed, anyways :)

Casper's 2nd best friend
10-15-2015, 01:35 PM
Are we all a bunch of social misfits on here, or is it just you and I?

I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB
THAT WILL ACCEPT ME AS A MEMBER.
Groucho Marx

PeachyDoll
10-15-2015, 01:42 PM
Mare, you are such a rebel :th_smile: You haven't lived if you haven't been banned ha ha ha!! Never, never ever?

There's no better place to be than in left field, I mean who wants to be normal? Boring....

Mare
10-15-2015, 02:59 PM
I wave my "misfit" flag, proudly!! :)

kendrafitz
10-15-2015, 11:52 PM
I agree with PD - my favorite quote is a Dr Seuss one - "Why fit in when you were born to stand out."

I HATE drama, both online and in my everyday life. Try to avoid it if at all possible. I'm so sorry you were banned from anywhere...that is silly. You are such an awesome soul. I think sometimes people feel like there is no room for more than one view. That is when the pettiness and lunacy kicks in.

It's a big world, with lots of different people. Everyone has their own beliefs and ideas. Thank goodness for that! It would be awesome if instead of judging others that are different from us we chose to learn from them. Hopefully one day, until then, so happy we are all here. :)

Mare
10-16-2015, 12:27 AM
Aww..thanks Kendra :). Yes, there are a lot of judgemental people out there and if you stick out, they try and knock you down..sadly..even though they have no clue!

plax
10-16-2015, 01:01 AM
Mare: Are you sure you don't mean "Parrot Forums" instead of "The Parrot Forum"? It was "Parrot Forums" that gave us all of the trouble as far as placing permanent bans upon a number of their members who were also registered members here. And that's especially including all of our staff members who were members there simultaneously. You were a staff member here for a short period - so I'm betting that was a great contributing factor to PF's decision to ban you. "The Parrot Forum", on the other hand, is an entirely different forum site which we have had no conflicts with (as far as I know). And the ban message you've quoted sounds very much to consist of the creative phrase style used by the two SMods on "Parrot Forums" who used to be staff members here and seem to maintain an intense dislike for us. I just thought I might mention this.

Mare
10-16-2015, 02:03 AM
Thanks, Tony, you're right, sorry :). What gets me is I've NEVER, EVER, tried to move people over here from other forums. I've always thought it was a personal choice.

plax
10-16-2015, 02:32 AM
Thanks, Tony, you're right, sorry :). What gets me is I've NEVER, EVER, tried to move people over here from other forums. I've always thought it was a personal choice.I know you didn't, Mare. The two former PP staff members that I mentioned who were (and perhaps still are) staff members on PF simply employed a blanket approach by falsely accusing a large number of our members who were members there as well. It's really a shame :(

Zoo mom
10-24-2015, 11:41 PM
Well I have never been banned from a parrot forum and I visit 3 different ones. I feel each of them offer different things and some different members. Sorry you guys were banned just because you do things differently.

And Mare I missed your posts about Amigo on AA and am glad to see them here.

Mare
10-25-2015, 11:48 PM
Thank you, Zoo mom :). Most members on other forums are just amazing to be around and I miss them..there are the few that patrol and control who should be there and who shouldn't. To me, these are the folks that need to be ousted!