PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'd like to introduce every one to my wonderful companions

tropics1989
10-02-2015, 03:45 AM
:th_biggrin:

PeachyDoll
10-02-2015, 04:13 AM
:th_welcome2: You have a beautiful flock! They seem to all enjoy the camera. What are their names?

tropics1989
10-02-2015, 04:23 AM
Thank you:th_smile: Your Moluccan is very beautiful too! From top to bottom PJ, Timber, Charlie, Louie and Petrie.

spiritbird
10-02-2015, 04:32 AM
Lovely birds all. Happy you have joined us. I bet you have some interesting bird adventure stories for us.

Lady
10-02-2015, 12:21 PM
HI Tropics

:pp_welcome:

WOW, they are magnificent! Thanks for showing them to us :). I look forward to hearing about what it is like to live with such a diverse flock. I hope you have time to post often and share your experiences with us.

kendrafitz
10-02-2015, 01:02 PM
Hi and welcome!! What a gorgeous crew you have! Can't wait to read all about your guys/girls. :)

Mare
10-02-2015, 06:49 PM
Hi, Tropics! Welcome to you and your flock :). All are beauties! We don't see many Hawksheads around here, they are such a unique bird, to me anyways. We look forward to getting to know more about you and your lovelies!

tropics1989
10-03-2015, 02:57 AM
Thank you all! You all have lovely and beautiful birds to! I certainly will share stories with you as I look forward to reading all of yours to. Have a good day every one!

plax
10-03-2015, 04:44 AM
Welcome to PP, Tropics... your flock is exquisite! Thanks for joining us :D

spiritbird
10-03-2015, 01:38 PM
How is it to have a Hawkhead parrot? What is their personality like?

tropics1989
10-04-2015, 12:31 AM
Welcome to PP, Tropics... your flock is exquisite! Thanks for joining us :D

No your bird is exquisite:th_biggrin:

tropics1989
10-04-2015, 01:20 AM
How is it to have a Hawkhead parrot? What is their personality like?

Owning a Hawk head parrot is a wonderful experience! Through my experience, much of what I read online does not pertain to my girl. They say Hawk head parrots are aggressive by nature, and that, is in fact how the parrots where captured from the wild long ago (when trapping was still used). They'd use a decoy Hawk head to lure other currently residing Hawk heads to basically banish the newcomer out of their territory. The parrot would fly down to confront the newcomer and bam .. netted. They are by nature aggressive. My girl has not exhibited this yet but she is still young to. Ive hand raised her and introduced her to my flock at an early age to avoid aggression. One day her instincts may take over as she matures but right now no signs of aggression towards her current flock or strangers. However, I'd say she is a one person bird. She loves her owner. Tolerable to other people but not fond of them. She is inqusitive, she's very curious. I call her a "rough and tumble" type of bird meaning when she plays she PLAYS - swinging upside down from top of cage, on her back rolling around, gets super excited and fans and hisses lol. In fact, I have a video Ive been trying to upload of her sillyness but unfortunately it won't upload. She's not overly sensitive like my Jardines (which just so happens to be an african species). I'd say on the sensitivity scale 1 being lowest 10 being highest she is a 4 while my Jardines is a 9 *rolls eyes* LOL. I must admit I made sure I got a female. I was told females have shown better "pet" potential than males because of the level of testerone in the males but also because they are closer to their roots as a species since there are not many in the pet trade they haven't gone through generations and generations as pet potential as say the other species in my flock have. I don't know if that is true, but from all the research I've done it makes a lot of sense. I don't know for sure though. I have a mix of males - Amazon and Jardine and females - Green wing, Sun Conure, and HH. I am not partial to one sex over the other but with the Hawk head after all my research I felt a female would be best if I want a companion. As she grows I will update. Right now, she is a doll. I wouldn't have her any other way<3

wingman
10-04-2015, 02:03 AM
Welcome ! Glad your here great looking flock!!!!!

jessicas94lt1
10-21-2015, 01:56 AM
Beautiful fids. Welcome!

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

Zoo mom
10-24-2015, 11:22 PM
Welcome. Beautiful flock.

tropics1989
10-28-2015, 02:31 PM
Sorry I took off for awhile but I'm back now. Thank you every body!