PDA

View Full Version : Adding machine paper rolls, not a great idea

PeachyDoll
10-01-2015, 10:01 PM
I saw this idea on an online bird store. They sell adding machine/calculator paper roll dispenser in bright colors that attaches to your bird's cage. Rosie loves paper so I thought great. Before I decided to buy it though I thought I'd test the theory that she would be interested in the roll of paper itself. So I bought a 3 pack and unwrapped it and left one on her playtop yesterday. She ignored it for about 10 minutes, then started on it. About a 1/2 later there is paper all over the house and patio. The doors are opened for a breeze and the wind had picked up. I'm mean I took the roll away yesterday and I'm still chasing down this paper. She got it down to 1/2 a roll. It like the equivalent of working on a glitter project and someone turns on a blowdryer, maybe not that bad.

Mare
10-02-2015, 12:44 AM
Hahaha! I think that's what it's suppose to be about!! Fun for her..not you! :)

spiritbird
10-02-2015, 01:43 AM
Big birds - big messes. But what fun!

kendrafitz
10-02-2015, 12:52 PM
It's so true! I get the toy for my Rosie. First she uses the paper and then she destroys the toy. It uses small connectors which are no match for a big beak. So I know everything I buy it it will get only 1 or 2 uses. But she LOVES it. :)

Lady
10-03-2015, 02:42 AM
:th_rofl:

Oh Peachy, what's the matter with you?? Don't you know that having lots of pieces of paper flying all over your house is Rosie's way of sharing the fun she had with that lovely toy you brought home! She had so much fun even the wind had to join in and play :th_biggrin:. ( I could picture myself bending and fussing with each piece that blew as I was reaching for it) Such joy :th_bounce7:

PeachyDoll
10-04-2015, 09:48 PM
Actually I don't mind running after all the paper and knew it would make a big mess but the wind really scattered it all over the place. Rosie loves it, that's all that matters! She'll get her paper roll back just with the doors closed this time.