PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid Macaws

spiritbird
09-16-2015, 12:47 PM
I have no idea how members feel about hybridizing Macaws. I for one do not agree that we should play around with what nature has created. I really like this video.

[Users must be registered and logged in to view attached photos or hyperlinks]

Macaw Lover
09-16-2015, 01:46 PM
Very true.

Just wish the wording did not scroll out so fast, a little more time to finish reading and some time to think on things.

spiritbird
09-16-2015, 10:15 PM
Yes I agree the words are too fast to completely read. No slow motion on Youtube!

Lady
09-17-2015, 02:07 AM
WOW, I kept stopping the video in places where I needed to read and it worked pretty well. I can only agree that people should NOT change the nature of any creature. They were created for specific purposes and when you change them, it will in turn change everything.

spiritbird
09-17-2015, 02:54 AM
I read that hybrid birds get more sickness and such.

jessicas94lt1
09-24-2015, 01:25 AM
I hate this . It makes me so angry. When you play with their genetics, just like humans, they get to a point where they start having problems. Too many end up with heart problems and some even have diformaties. I wish they would stop trying to make "unique" birds. All birds in their own right Are Already Unique.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

spiritbird
09-24-2015, 04:54 AM
Someone on another forum had a photo of a hybrid conure they bought at a flea market. Poor thing looks stunted. Normal size head and very small body. Not even a vet can help this bird.

94lt1
09-24-2015, 07:41 PM
Hybrid...smdh..it's like green cheeks...the way they breed to try to get cinnamons..pineapple's and fancys...it messes up a lot of birds..I know..that's why my baby girl was so messed up..and then the fact that she was abused..
Some people need a high 5..in the face..with my foot...just saying..

spiritbird
09-24-2015, 10:42 PM
It looked similar to a painted conure.

Casper's 2nd best friend
09-25-2015, 12:58 PM
It all started in the 18th century with the improvement through selective breeding of livestock - bigger meatier sheep and cattle and then the cross pollination of plants to make hybrid roses and the like. Nowadays its genetics and dna. Where's m' banjo.